× Members

General benefit rate letter or ESA grantedI

More
8 years 3 months ago #148615 by Carly
I had a similar letter recently after sending off ESA50 and then awaiting reply. I got a letter telling me my benefit had increased, and as far as I am aware, there is no Medical involved. When I say recently, the letter came through around November 2015, and I'm quite sure I would have heard if I had yet to attend any assessment.!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: penny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148710 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic General benefit rate letter or ESA grantedI
I've had a letter today. I could be an uprating letter except for a few things -

The applicable date is the middle of December.

There is information regarding how to request a MR/appeal

I am actually due for reassessment in April so would have expected a new ESA50 by now. I haven't had one but it is possible my file has been looked at and my reassessment moved back again.

Time will tell as I have enough to do at the moment without ringing DWP and trying to speak to someone who might know what they are talking about!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149230 by penny

jackmalanak wrote: Penny I'm not for one minute suggesting that Gordon's opinion in incorrect, he has vastly more experience than me in these matters but is there anywhere on the 1st page of the letter that states:
"This is because of: a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group"
The reason I ask is because of a similar letter I received last week about my renewal claim from December, which contained the lines quoted above and I took it for granted to be the final decision.
This was a 5 page letter which was more or less identical to the decision letter I received 3 years ago when I first applied for ESA. The annual uprating letters I've had over the last 2 years are 3 page letters, with no mention of Support Group as above and are usually received in March.
So fingers crossed for both of us and hope my Sherlock moment is correct.

So today I received a 5 page letter which looks as if it is the same as jackmalanaks one with the same sentence on the 1st page

"This is because of: a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group".

So hopefully this is my decision letter.

Either way this site is brilliant. Thanks for the help.

Regards Penny
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected quote

More
8 years 2 months ago #149286 by diane1
Replied by diane1 on topic General benefit rate letter or ESA grantedI
I too had a letter like this today but at the bottom of page 3
It states the amounts on this page apply from 13 January 2016 to 2 February 2016

really odd dates and I Don,t know what they mean.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic General benefit rate letter or ESA grantedI

diane1 wrote: I too had a letter like this today but at the bottom of page 3
It states the amounts on this page apply from 13 January 2016 to 2 February 2016

really odd dates and I Don,t know what they mean.

There's nothing special about either of those dates, all I can suggest is that you contact the DWP about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.