× Members

dla to pip question

More
8 years 3 months ago #148521 by diane1
dla to pip question was created by diane1
hello not posted any thing on here in a while i had DLA high for mobility and low care it runs out on the 28/1/2016 Capita sent a home visit for a medical for the 20/1/2016 and was then canceled less then 24 hours they Dont have any Assesors so another appointment needs to be made i asked how long this would take and they said they had no idea my question is. As my DLA award runs out on the 28/1/2016 would i still be paid Untill my new appointment comes through sorry for the messy writing its hard to concentrate some times thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #148527 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dla to pip question

diane1 wrote: hello not posted any thing on here in a while i had DLA high for mobility and low care it runs out on the 28/1/2016 Capita sent a home visit for a medical for the 20/1/2016 and was then canceled less then 24 hours they Dont have any Assesors so another appointment needs to be made i asked how long this would take and they said they had no idea my question is. As my DLA award runs out on the 28/1/2016 would i still be paid Untill my new appointment comes through sorry for the messy writing its hard to concentrate some times thanks in advance

Hi d1,

As the date of the new PIP decision may fall after the date of the end date of your fixed term DLA award, and it is not your fault, your DLA award should be extended to cover this.

See : This Post in the Spotlight Area above the Forum.

You could ring the PIP Helpline to let them know what is going on and to gain confirmation of this :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #148683 by diane1
Replied by diane1 on topic dla to pip question
hello just a quick up date i took your advice bro and rang the pip numbers that you gave me it seems that my medical should have been delt, with in december. as my file is still active and its not my fault the gentleman on the phone said i will still get paid for at least another 4 weeks and he also told me to make a complaint to capita, about it

More
8 years 3 months ago #148737 by diane1
ok this is really odd had a letter from the pip office today 22/1/2016 it says we are writing to let that we have extended your award of mobility and care component of disability living allowance.

your entitlement of disability living allowance will continue until we make a decision on your claim for personal independence payment. what is odd my medical was for the 20/1/2016 and the letter is dated 19/1/2016 i also called them on the 21/1/2016.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148742 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dla to pip question

diane1 wrote: ok this is really odd had a letter from the pip office today 22/1/2016 it says we are writing to let that we have extended your award of mobility and care component of disability living allowance.

your entitlement of disability living allowance will continue until we make a decision on your claim for personal independence payment. what is odd my medical was for the 20/1/2016 and the letter is dated 19/1/2016 i also called them on the 21/1/2016.

Hi d1,

This is confirming that DWP will continue to pay your current rate of DLA until 4 weeks after the date that PIP decision is made, even if the date of the PIP decision falls after the date that your current fixed term DLA award is due to end.

Just as I advised you in my response : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152401 by diane1
ok hope i have put this in the right place i had my assesment on the 11/02/2016 i think it went ok i had a letter today explaining we are sorry its taken longer then expected to give you a decision on your claim but we will contact you soon as we have made a decision i also rang them up and asked for a copy of the assesors report not sure how this is going to go if its good or bad . has any one else been in this posision too sorry for my spelling in advance

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.