× Members

dla to pip question

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152409 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dla to pip question

diane1 wrote: ok hope i have put this in the right place i had my assesment on the 11/02/2016 i think it went ok i had a letter today explaining we are sorry its taken longer then expected to give you a decision on your claim but we will contact you soon as we have made a decision i also rang them up and asked for a copy of the assesors report not sure how this is going to go if its good or bad . has any one else been in this posision too sorry for my spelling in advance

Hi d1,

Yes, many members have received letters informing them of a delay in making a decision.

The PIP Assessment System is clearly slowing down !!

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152824 by diane1
Replied by diane1 on topic dla to pip question
hello dont know what this means i have had my assesment papers that i requested i have scored 4 in most discriptors of daily living and 12 points in the mobility i scored 4 points for preparing food 4 points for washing and bathing 4 points for managing toilet needs 4 points for dressing and undressing all the others in daily living i scored o and 2 but scored 12 points for moving around i'm not really sure what this means do they add up the points for the daily living thanks in advance
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152835 by bro58

diane1 wrote: hello dont know what this means i have had my assesment papers that i requested i have scored 4 in most discriptors of daily living and 12 points in the mobility i scored 4 points for preparing food 4 points for washing and bathing 4 points for managing toilet needs 4 points for dressing and undressing all the others in daily living i scored o and 2 but scored 12 points for moving around i'm not really sure what this means do they add up the points for the daily living thanks in advance

Hi d1,

Yes, all the points scored under the different Daily Living Activities from the appropriate scoring Descriptor are added together.

If you accumulate 12 or more that gives you an Enhanced Daily Living Award.

Likewise for the Mobility Activities "Moving Around" and/or "Going Out", you can score the 12 points alone from "Moving Around" or "Going Out" which gives an Enhanced Mobility Award, or you can score the 12 points when points from both Mobility Activities are added together.

If this is the PA4 compiled by The PIP Assessor as a result of your face to face, they are recommending to the DWP PIP Case Manager (DM) that you should receive Enhanced for both.

Even though the PIP DM generally abides by the recommendations made, they do not have to, so you will have to await the PIP Decision Notice letter from the PIP DM confirming the decision !!

Please let us know when you receive notice of the decision.

Fingers crossed !!!!! :)

The following should help you better understand How The PIP Points Scoring System Works. and you can see our Sample/Example of a PA4 from the 5th link down : This Page

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153307 by diane1
Replied by diane1 on topic dla to pip question
would just like to that thank this site and for all the hard work the mods do i have had my decision today i was awarded enanced for both daily living and mobility thanks to the guides i would not have been able to do it with out the help from here i had it till 10th of feb 2020 they will review it in feb 2019 the assestment said 3 years but the dwp said 4 years so very happy with the out come. please any one else going through this never give up there is always light at the end of the tunnel and thanks again mods for the work you do here.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153327 by bro58

diane1 wrote: would just like to that thank this site and for all the hard work the mods do i have had my decision today i was awarded enanced for both daily living and mobility thanks to the guides i would not have been able to do it with out the help from here i had it till 10th of feb 2020 they will review it in feb 2019 the assestment said 3 years but the dwp said 4 years so very happy with the out come. please any one else going through this never give up there is always light at the end of the tunnel and thanks again mods for the work you do here.

Hi d1,

Enhanced for "both" !!!

Brilliant, well done !!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks for the kind comments regarding all at B&W, and our guides !!! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #153338 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic dla to pip question
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.