Had ATOS PIP assess today. My thoughts/ a quest

More
8 years 2 months ago #149438 by Boomer
Thanks,

Will do as you suggest Gordon.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149454 by Boomer
Terribly sorry as Im sure it must be in the guides somewhere...

May someone confirm the department/ address I would send the request letter to?

I assumes Im asking for a PA4 report?

That and my DWP ref number should be all the info they need I assume?

Obviously Ill include my name and address etc.

Huge thanks as always.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149481 by

Boomer wrote: Terribly sorry as Im sure it must be in the guides somewhere...

May someone confirm the department/ address I would send the request letter to?

I assumes Im asking for a PA4 report?

That and my DWP ref number should be all the info they need I assume?

Obviously Ill include my name and address etc.

Huge thanks as always.

Hi B,

You can request The PA4 PIP Medical Report verbally by ringing The PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

As a back up to the verbal request, or if they fail to send it as a result of the verbal request you can also make a written request.

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the address of the Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent DWP PIP Letter.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

In the mean time you can have a look at a "Sample" PA4 Medical Report, which can be downloaded from the link entitled " PIP Sample medical report. Our own sample version of a PIP PA4 medical report form." on : This Page.

A Subject Access Request (SAR) should be made as a totally separate standalone issue in its own envelope.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .
More
8 years 2 months ago #149575 by Boomer
Thank you for that extra information.

Will the document I get via a SAR be the same document (PA4) as the DM will send me when the outcome of my claim is made?

That's if I do indeed get a copy of the PA4 when I am informed of the outcome? Or is that not necessarily always the case?

Thanks!
  • foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149579 by foss27
Hi
Usually the award letter will contain the decision with the decision makers reasoning for said decision.
They don't send the assessment as a matter of course.
So you need to request it.
More
8 years 2 months ago #149599 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Had ATOS PIP assess today. My thoughts/ a quest
Just a short comment on this. When I got my PIP report they can put 300 mins for the times spent on looking at everything, I suppose this includes writing it too. So they do spend quite a bit of time overall.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.