× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 3 months ago #149398 by grista
Replied by grista on topic DLA to PIP
If you go for an appeal is the present award/money you are given suspended until your appeal is heard or do you carry on getting what you were originally awarded up to the appeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149403 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

grista wrote: If you go for an appeal is the present award/money you are given suspended until your appeal is heard or do you carry on getting what you were originally awarded up to the appeal.

Any award will continue in payment while you wait for a hearing, subject to the specifics of the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: grista

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152064 by grista
I have just had my decision back from my reconsideration.PIP It has stayed the same standard for the daily living and standard for mobility. the main one I was challenging was the mobility I cannot walk more than about 10mtrs the decision maker states I was observed walking approx. 10mtrs at a very slow pace at my assessment. How do I appeal this decision now?
My mobility car is now being taken away from me and standard mobility pay is no where near enough to be able to get another car what can I do as I now will be housebound.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152076 by Gordon

grista wrote: I have just had my decision back from my reconsideration.PIP It has stayed the same standard for the daily living and standard for mobility. the main one I was challenging was the mobility I cannot walk more than about 10mtrs the decision maker states I was observed walking approx. 10mtrs at a very slow pace at my assessment. How do I appeal this decision now?
My mobility car is now being taken away from me and standard mobility pay is no where near enough to be able to get another car what can I do as I now will be housebound.

You should now have a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice so you can request an appeal. The success rate at appeal is far higher than that at MR and the panel, which is independent of the DWP will look at your claim from scratch..

Have a look at the PIP Appeal guide, it has the link you will require for the SSCS1 form that you will need to request the appeal and instructions on how to complete the form.

Did you request a copy of the assessment report? You will be sent one anyway as part of the appeal process, but it might allow you to get ahead of the process if you request on now, you can do this by phoning the DWP office that dealt with your claim, although I would follow up the request in writing.

As with the MR your primary goal is to show that you meet the criteria for the award you believe that you should receive. Remember that you must be able to reliably complete an activity on the majority of days to not score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152081 by grista
yes I got a copy of my assessment report thank you for your help could you tell me if you know anything about fightback4justice and if you do is it worthwhile letting them take on my case.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152083 by Gordon

grista wrote: yes I got a copy of my assessment report thank you for your help could you tell me if you know anything about fightback4justice and if you do is it worthwhile letting them take on my case.

Can't comment, perhaps other members have used them.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.