× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago #152086 by grista
Replied by grista on topic DLA to PIP
ok thanks they were just a group someone mentioned to me just confused with all this at moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152285 by grista
I downloaded form SSCS1. and I am at present studying it could you tell me do I need someone to represent me in my appeal or will I stand as much chance doing everything myself following the guidelines on this site. Do I need to write in detail why I am appealing or can I use the letter I sent to the DHSS for my reconsideration.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152299 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

grista wrote: I downloaded form SSCS1. and I am at present studying it could you tell me do I need someone to represent me in my appeal or will I stand as much chance doing everything myself following the guidelines on this site. Do I need to write in detail why I am appealing or can I use the letter I sent to the DHSS for my reconsideration.

How to complete the SSCS1 is explained in the PIP appeal guide. You don't have to go into detail but you do need to explain your reasons for the appeal, this is also covered in the guide, your previous letter may be sufficient..

You don't have to be represented but having a trained representative usually improves your chances at appeal, that said, very few reps are available to help with First Tier Appeals. You can leave this section of the SScS1 blank at the moment and notify the Tribunal Service is you are able to get a rep, later.

Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grista

More
7 years 11 months ago #160194 by grista
I am pleased to tell everyone that I successfully won my appeal 2 days ago, after only being given standard rate PIP for mobility I have now been awarded enhanced rate. Thanks to the guidance and help from your web site it was well worth subscribing to giving me moral and informative support. I must make people aware that the tribunal although informal it felt like I was being interrogated by the gestapo, my advice is stick to the truth and facts and you can't go wrong, I did feel at times that I was being approached from different angles for the same question, the panel consisted of a judge, doctor and a person involved with care and disability they were fare and thorough. I was in the tribunal for about 1 hour and was given my decision after a short break. I don't know how long it will be before the dhss change my payments Does anyone know?

More
7 years 11 months ago #160222 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Grista

Well done!

It usually takes the DWP about 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call next week to confirm that they have received the Decision Notice from the Tribunal Service, it's amazing how often they go missing :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160225 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP
Great news Grista! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.