× Members

Opting Out from DWP GP Searches

More
8 years 2 months ago #149213 by Augustus
Opting Out from DWP GP Searches was created by Augustus
Hi

Regarding your newsletter today, and the means for stopping DWP from accessing my medical data held.by my GP:

I have downloaded the letter which contains the following:

This includes adding the ‘Dissent from secondary use of GP patient identifiable data’ code (Read v2: 9Nu0 or CTV3: XaZ89) to my record as well as the ‘Dissent from disclosure of personal confidential data by Health and Social Care Information Centre’ code (Read v2: 9Nu4 or CTV3: XaaVL).

Do these two objection codes cover an objection to whatever the DWP wants to have? I rang my surgery after I read your bulletin but they hadn't a clue what I was going on about - neither reception nor the practice manager,

They even started questioning me in a fashion which reflects our degraded public culture, ie: why do you want to opt out? What do you have to hide?

Could you please advise whether the letter with the above para is all I need to hand in, or whether there is something else I need to do vis-a-vis the DWP?

Thank you

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149224 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
Augustus

As far as I know this is all that is required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149227 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
Hi,

I too contacted my GP in regards to the opt out data.
Actually I emailed them with the codes etc as stated how and what to do, and they rang me back as they had never heard of the codes or anything to do with what I asked for.
They did discuss an opt out/in version they deal with but I was not sure if it was the same thing.
However I emailed them the info and codes etc again and they will look into it.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149244 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
Augustus, as I understand it, this deals with the 'care.data' only. I don't know what other information GPs have to submit to DWP, if anything.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149258 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
I don't understand why it would be problem the DWP seeing your GP records, would it not be helpful?

More
8 years 2 months ago #149260 by buster21
Replied by buster21 on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
Also, have you heard about "patient summary care records"? It's kind of similar; anybody who is registered with a GP will automatically have their medical records uploaded to a central database which can be accessed by any medical professional within the UK in addition to pharmacists and charitable organisations. Again, one has to opt out of this, otherwise you are in - like it or not. Similarly, they too (under this scheme) apparently sell patients confidential medical information to business organisations - whether you like it or not - unless you bother to opt out. Also, once your records have been uploaded to the central database - opting out is too late - as your records will have effectively gone viral (within the confides of the system).

I too would like to opt out of these schemes (whole family), however, is it worth the hassle considering the suspicious reaction is is likely to result in. I think the term "big brother" comes to mind. Conundrum - do you take it lying down or do you put your head above the parapet?

Buster

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.