× Members

Opting Out from DWP GP Searches

More
8 years 3 months ago #149261 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
Hi all this all seems a little confusing, if there is some one in the know on how and help us all understand all this mess.

So feed up with this country no privacy anymore. Snoop snoop.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches

Orangeblossom wrote: I don't understand why it would be problem the DWP seeing your GP records, would it not be helpful?

I don't think this is about the DWP accessing your medical records, but if it were then one point I would make is that along with the good they will see the bad.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149292 by Gordon

GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGoverment wrote: Hi all this all seems a little confusing, if there is some one in the know on how and help us all understand all this mess.

So feed up with this country no privacy anymore. Snoop snoop.

One of the issues care.data is that although it will anonymous, it may still be possible to backtrack to a specific claimant if they have an unusual combination or rare condition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

More
8 years 2 months ago #149338 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
I read the information and am, naturally, concerned about the sharing of sensitive information. My first thought was “opt-out, quick!” However, I also have to consider the possibility that Atos or Maximus might contact my GP in the future. Would opting out prevent my GP from giving information about relevant health issues?

Thanks,

MW

More
8 years 2 months ago #149381 by Gordon

MariW wrote: I read the information and am, naturally, concerned about the sharing of sensitive information. My first thought was “opt-out, quick!” However, I also have to consider the possibility that Atos or Maximus might contact my GP in the future. Would opting out prevent my GP from giving information about relevant health issues?

Thanks,

MW

No this would not be effected.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
8 years 2 months ago #149384 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Opting Out from DWP GP Searches
Cheers, Gordon :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.