× Members

Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?!

More
8 years 3 months ago #149342 by leapoffaith
Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?! was created by leapoffaith
Hello to all..
Any advice please.. Same as for many I have become much more ill from the constant assessments.. I was on indefinite dla until made to apply for pip.. The forms & evidence were sent back on 6th december..
My GP decided to send a letter yesterday because she is concerned about the impact of me waiting & knowing I cannot go to their centres.. I do not want them to know how afraid I am of trying to explain myself in case they punish me somehow.. At the same time I do think it is right that my records show how I am impacted by all this on top of my disabilities so I said yes to sending it.. It basically tells them I'm severely distressed, not eating & having harmful ideas & asks about progress of claim..
2 questions..
1. I'm worried where they have sent it to.. Should it go to atos or dwp?
2. I said yes to sending it but now I am even more afraid.. It has been 7 weeks now.. Do people think I should have carried on waiting even if it meant 6 months or a year of getting more ill? Do people think I was right to agree to the letter?
Thankyou & best wishes..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149389 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?!
feelingdesperate

To answer your questions as I can.

1. It should go to ATOS but your GP can send a copy to the DWP as well.

2. It would seem to me, from what you have posted, that your anxiety about this process is very much part of your day to day problems and as such is definitely something that those assessing you should be aware of.

If you don't tell them about your problems then they cannot take them into account when they assess you, this may be important information that will influence the Decision that is made, so well done to your GP for sending the letter.

I realise it's a lot easier to say than to do, but try not to fret too much about this re-assessment, it seems to me that you are doing all of the right things.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149393 by leapoffaith
Replied by leapoffaith on topic Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?!
Thankyou Gordon for your thoughtful reply..
Do you think I should ask my carer to ask the GP to also send the letter to atos because it has gone to dwp now.. if so do you know an address for atos pls?
I do know this is part of my illness to some extent but get very confused about the lines of my illness & good reason for fear.. I found your reply to be understanding & wise for me..
Best wishes..

More
8 years 3 months ago #149402 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?!

feelingdesperate wrote: Thankyou Gordon for your thoughtful reply..
Do you think I should ask my carer to ask the GP to also send the letter to atos because it has gone to dwp now.. if so do you know an address for atos pls?
I do know this is part of my illness to some extent but get very confused about the lines of my illness & good reason for fear.. I found your reply to be understanding & wise for me..
Best wishes..

They should definitely send a copy to ATOS as they will currently have your file. The address will be dependant on where you are but they can contact from the information on the following link.

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149412 by leapoffaith
Replied by leapoffaith on topic Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?!
Thankyou but a bit confused.. I live in the south & there seem to be at least 5 centres so I have no idea where my form has gone to.. I don't think the GP Secretary will take the time to phone or find addresses.. is there a general atos number who could say where my file is? Might the WP send the letter on? They have sent the letter to 'personal independence payment. Post handling site b, Wolverhampton which is where the form came from..
Thankyou..

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #149433 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Frightened.. GP PiP letter & address?!

feelingdesperate wrote: Thankyou but a bit confused.. I live in the south & there seem to be at least 5 centres so I have no idea where my form has gone to.. I don't think the GP Secretary will take the time to phone or find addresses.. is there a general atos number who could say where my file is? Might the WP send the letter on? They have sent the letter to 'personal independence payment. Post handling site b, Wolverhampton which is where the form came from..
Thankyou..

Hi fd,

Gordon has provided details of how you can contact ATOS in his post above.

So you can check with them.

The Wolverhampton Mail Handling Site is used for nearly all DWP national mail where it is redirected to the appropriate DWP office, dependent on the "Site" and The Postcode of the Wolverhampton address.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.