× Members

phone appointment TOMORROW medical last week

• madgemadge
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149347 by madgemadge
I have been in the support group last few years with fibro amd m.e. and had a review ESA medical last week. DWP rang today and they will be ringing me for a telephone appointment tomorrow morning from 8am.

I asked them what it is about and was told that to go through some more things. I found the medical assessor last week quite sympathetic and was so relieved afterwards. She was someone who knew about neurological conditions.

Has anyone had an appointment on the phone after a medical? I am not that great at explaining things to anyone because I am so up and down. I can do quite a lot of things some days then other days I cant do anything. The only thing I can think of is thinking long and hard before answering.......The person I saw last week was so nice and I didnt feel worried but now I do!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149394 by Gordon

madgemadge wrote: I have been in the support group last few years with fibro amd m.e. and had a review ESA medical last week. DWP rang today and they will be ringing me for a telephone appointment tomorrow morning from 8am.

I asked them what it is about and was told that to go through some more things. I found the medical assessor last week quite sympathetic and was so relieved afterwards. She was someone who knew about neurological conditions.

Has anyone had an appointment on the phone after a medical? I am not that great at explaining things to anyone because I am so up and down. I can do quite a lot of things some days then other days I cant do anything. The only thing I can think of is thinking long and hard before answering.......The person I saw last week was so nice and I didnt feel worried but now I do!

Although some members have received these calls for a positive award I am afraid by far and away the most likely reason for the call is that they are thinking of reducing your award, or even removing it.

I would look through your ESA50 and evidence and make some short notes about why you meet the SG criteria that you think are applicable, that way if the call is bad news you will be prepared to argue your case.

Best of luck although I hope that you do need it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• madgemadge
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149420 by madgemadge
Replied by madgemadge on topic phone appointment TOMORROW medical last week
Thank you Gordon. I will let you know how it goes.

• madgemadge
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149472 by madgemadge
DWP rang me and to tell me I have no points so ESA has been stopped. So I went from support group to having ESA withdrawn. It seems that it is not that you cannot work anymore but only if you score points under their new system.

My condition is very variable. I am not sure what the ESA medical interviewer put on the form to DWP but I had my husband with me. I told her I am about 70% unable to do most things and about 25% able to do some things but always pain.

I am getting a written decision next week. Does it come with all the details of the medical re-assessment interviewer put down?

The other thing DWP said today is that I get retirement pension in July which was wrong as it will be October. But I could sign on to get pension credits. However she said I have full 45 qualifying years so there is not any point.

I may have been lulled into a false sense of security at the medical assessment but I do think I described my condition etc to the best of my ability.

Thank you for all your advice.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149492 by Gordon
madgemadge

Sorry to hear this.

Although it may seem counter intuitive but ESA has never tested the claimants ability to work.

The assessment report will not be sent to you but you can request a copy by phoning the DWP and asking for the ESA85.

Pension Credit is an additional payment that can be paid to those who have reached State Retirement Age, although this date depends on whether they are a man or a woman, so I would not expect you to be eligible to October.

You don't say whether you want to challenge this Decision, have a look at the ESA Appeal guide for a better understanding of the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: madgemadge

• madgemadge
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149528 by madgemadge
I really appreciate Benefits and Work help which I used 3 years ago and got put into support group and also this time but with a no points at all from DWP. I can only assume the criteria has changed immensely. I did think maybe I would be put in WRAG group this time but no.........

Good luck to everyone going through this maze of forms medicals jumping through hoops and sometimes of hard decisions from DWP.

My head is all over the place at the minute so not sure of appealing - Im truly worn out about it. Can one go from contribution based ESA to JSA? DWP today said no. Im only querying this as DWP said a few things that were wrong today so I'm just checking

Again many thanks for your advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.