× Members

Please help

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #149538 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Please help

Sammie69 wrote: So in a nutshell after 365 days if I don't pass the means testing I won't receive any benefit? I was on SDA previously.

Hi S69,

Yes, that's right !!!

I am afraid if you have exhausted your 365 days payment of CB ESA, and cannot pass the means test for payment of Income Related (IR) ESA you will receive NI Credits (Stamps) only !

However, on the premise that you do not close your ESA Claim, and continue to comply with any periodic re-assessments, if you are placed into The SG at some future re-assessment, payments of CB ESA will be reinstated from that date, and will continue for as long as you remain in The SG.

The same applies if your current medical conditions change or deteriorate and as a result of this you report a Change of Circumstances (C of C), and the resulting review/supersession places you into The SG.

Of course, this is on the premise that you don't request an MR/Appeal of The WRAG award.

If you were successfully placed into The SG as the result of an MR/Appeal, the SG award would replace the WRAG award from the date of the WRAG award, and it would be as if you were never in The WRAG at all.

Hence you would still have your full 365 days entitlement to CB ESA.

This Post may help further with your understanding.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.