× Members

Obtaining a fit note, GP retired

More
8 years 1 month ago #154274 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Obtaining a fit note, GP retired

ianucci wrote: When applying for ESA do your fit notes all have to be from the same doctor? I can't get an appointment with my GP before my first fit note expires.

Providing the doctor is prepared to issue a Fit Note then it should not be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: herptothederp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159596 by herptothederp
Replied by herptothederp on topic Obtaining a fit note, GP retired
I have recieved a date for my WCA. I sent a copy of the standard letter from the guides to request my assessment be recorded but there is no mention of this with my appointment letter. Should I contact them again? Also in the leaflet they send with the letter it says something 'like they have no legal requirement to provide and audio recording service or equipment.' Is this new? Or typical DWP strategy to fob people off?

Additionally I now have some additional evidence to support my claim, can I bring a copy to the assessment or do they still need the original document?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159624 by Gordon

ianucci wrote: I have recieved a date for my WCA. I sent a copy of the standard letter from the guides to request my assessment be recorded but there is no mention of this with my appointment letter. Should I contact them again? Also in the leaflet they send with the letter it says something 'like they have no legal requirement to provide and audio recording service or equipment.' Is this new? Or typical DWP strategy to fob people off?

Additionally I now have some additional evidence to support my claim, can I bring a copy to the assessment or do they still need the original document?

I would check that they are aware that you have requested it is recorded.

I'm afraid the leaflet is correct, claimants do not and never have had, a legal right to require the assessment is recorded, please be aware that the DWP will not accept a failure to record as Good Cause for your failing to participate in an assessment.

You can supply a copy at the assessment, in fact, never supply originals unless specifically required to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #160973 by herptothederp
This may be a daft question but if you are in the assessment phase of ESA do you qualify for free prescriptions?

More
7 years 10 months ago #160984 by Gordon

ianucci wrote: This may be a daft question but if you are in the assessment phase of ESA do you qualify for free prescriptions?

It's not the Assessment phase, or indeed being in a group, that enables it, it is the type of ESA that you are receiving.

If you are receiving Income Related ESA in part or in whole then you are entitled to free prescriptions, however, if you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA then you are not.

Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #162702 by herptothederp
I recieved a letter today from the decision making team asking me to contact them within 3 days. It says they were unable to contact me on the number I provided. In actual fact I didnt provide them with a number because of my mental health problems (as I explained on the form) and I would really prefer not to ring them. Do I have any alternative but to ring them? This is really making me feel sick as I know it will almost inevitably be so they can turn down my claim.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.