× Members

Obtaining a fit note, GP retired

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162714 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Obtaining a fit note, GP retired
Hi ianucci,

Of course, it is entirely up to you whether you return this call, especially as you have already explained that it is difficult for you to use the phone.

You might be correct in suspecting that the Decision Maker is thinking of denying your claim. However, they do this when they think the claimant might be able to clarify things and give missing information. Doing so could be in your interests if it enables the DM to find in your favour.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: herptothederp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164450 by herptothederp
Replied by herptothederp on topic Obtaining a fit note, GP retired
I thought I should give an update that I returned the call and the decision maker had in fact approved my claim for 3 years (albeit in the WRAG) which came as a surprise and a relief. I have my first work focussed interview tommorow which I am dreading but this is still a better outcome than I expected. The Benefits and Work guide was a big help and I dont think I would have had a successful claim without it. I hope if anyone else with anxiety problems reads this it might comfort them slightly that you can make a successful claim.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164481 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Obtaining a fit note, GP retired

ianucci wrote: I thought I should give an update that I returned the call and the decision maker had in fact approved my claim for 3 years (albeit in the WRAG) which came as a surprise and a relief. I have my first work focussed interview tommorow which I am dreading but this is still a better outcome than I expected. The Benefits and Work guide was a big help and I dont think I would have had a successful claim without it. I hope if anyone else with anxiety problems reads this it might comfort them slightly that you can make a successful claim.

Congratulations on the award and good luck with the WFI.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: herptothederp

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.