× Members

Pip Medical

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151014 by heno
Pip Medical was created by heno
I am supporting my grandson who has Autism, Dyspraxia, and learning disability he had been asked to go for a medical in a center that is 22 miles away from our home in Bangor North Wales by Capita as I support him I want to be at the face to face interview because he does not communicate and gets high levels of anxiety. But I have recently had a stroke and am housebound
I rang the PIP helpline to ask if he could have a home visit and explained my position I was told we don’t do home visits can anybody confirm if this is right please
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151030 by
Replied by on topic Pip Medical

heno wrote: I am supporting my grandson who has Autism, Dyspraxia, and learning disability he had been asked to go for a medical in a center that is 22 miles away from our home in Bangor North Wales by Capita as I support him I want to be at the face to face interview because he does not communicate and gets high levels of anxiety. But I have recently had a stroke and am housebound
I rang the PIP helpline to ask if he could have a home visit and explained my position I was told we don’t do home visits can anybody confirm if this is right please

Hi h,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum :)

I see that you have also posted in This Topic so hopefully you have seen my post regarding what to expect at a PIP face to face there !!

Capita most certainly do carry out Home Assessments, far more so than ATOS !!

Part of the reasons why they were awarded The PIP Assessment Contract by DWP was that they agreed to carry out more Home Assessments !!

The maximum travelling time to or from an Assessment Centre should be no more than 90 minutes either way by Public Transport.

They are supposed to make Reasonable Adjustments when deciding on a Home Assessment or one at an Assessment Centre.

So, if your Grandson needs the support of someone else being present due to their medical conditions, and you are the only person who can be present, but you cannot travel, you could complain to Capita informing them of the above.

Does you Grandson have an Appointee, are you their Appointee ? :

Becoming an Appointee for someone claiming benefits.

If you can obtain a letter supporting this from his G.P. or other treating HCP that should help further.

Even though : This Topic is under slightly different circumstances, you may find it interesting.

You can re-arrange an appointment once, you don't have to give a particular reason for doing so, and it may give you more time to sort the problem out, but you should be aware that if you do, your Grandson would have to take part in the re-arranged face to face under the threat of having his PIP claim disqualified if he didn't.

You can complain to Capita via E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

See This Also

If they won't give way you could complain to your M.P. and let Capita know that you are gong to do so:

Contacting your MP

Good luck and please let us know how you get on by replying to this topic ! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151050 by heno
Replied by heno on topic Pip Medical
Thanks Bro58 advice appreciated
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 2 months ago #151116 by heno
Today I telephoned Capita again and explained that my Grandson could not make his own way to the assessment center as he would need to change buses twice and then find his way on foot to the business park this would be dangerous for an Autistic person.
I was told by the call handler my grandson would need a assessment at the clinic because of the medical report sent to them by his Doctor I asked him could he explain more and was told by the call handler he was not at liberty to say, but he said I could cancel the appointment till a later date this don’t look good at all

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151118 by
Replied by on topic Pip Medical

heno wrote: Today I telephoned Capita again and explained that my Grandson could not make his own way to the assessment center as he would need to change buses twice and then find his way on foot to the business park this would be dangerous for an Autistic person.
I was told by the call handler my grandson would need a assessment at the clinic because of the medical report sent to them by his Doctor I asked him could he explain more and was told by the call handler he was not at liberty to say, but he said I could cancel the appointment till a later date this don’t look good at all

Hi h,

The Call Handler that you spoke to is just that ! a Call Handler, they have no executive powers. Contact them again and ask for an escalation to a complaint to a Supervisor/Manager, these "people" do not give in easily.

The threat of a complaint to your M.P. may help further and M.P.'s can be very helpful in such issues !

They have Caseworkers who work locally in your Constituency who deal with such issues.

Yes, as I have previously advised, you can re-arrange once to give you more time to sort it out.

Has the Doctor, sent a medical report to them ?

Were you aware of this and the contents of it ?

They still have to make "Reasonable Adjustments" under : Section 20 of EA2010 if your Grandson fulfils The Definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010. and can be taken to County Court for failing to do so !!

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151234 by heno
Hi Bro58 I spoke to a manager today and explained the situation to him he told me they had had a medical report from the Doctor and because of the content they had decided a interview at a Clinic was the best option so again the request for a home visit was tuned down cheers heno

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.