× Members

Pip medical

More
8 years 2 months ago #151062 by soozie
Pip medical was created by soozie
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience of yesterdays medical.

My husband changed the first app, which was manchester city centre (1+hour drive) to halifax(20 mins). Made it for a monday without realizing it was the sch hols, which meant he had to be at work and the only othet adult in my life, my mother in law , was needed for childcare. It's a lonely blow when you feel ill and vulnerable and rarely go out.

I googled the physio and booked the taxi. I got the wrong place (close) and instead of getting out of the taxi and crossing a pavement to get into the physio it was actually held in a massive mill complex : complicated layout just to work out where to be! Fortunately I was early and had a patient taxi driver! I asked a security guard where to go: down to the end of the corridor and at the main reception.

Well, the walk was lengthy and 2rounds of stairs (5steps each). The reception was a gift shop , huge open plan space, tons of light, music on, several staff at repection conversing, people frequently going to and fro plus a security box which kept screeching just next to the sofa. I sat with my back to the spotlights, closed my eyes and held my hands ovet my ears and tried to breathe through it.

That wiped me out! I expected to be called into one of the rooms off reception but no. Bang on time a young (i'm 33) man found me and then I had to follow him back upstairs and along a much longer corridor. I was in tears from the pain and quite dizzy. Not the best start.

The rest seemed ok. I explained why i was alone, why i dont go out alone, how i thought my journey was going to go and how much discomfort i was in from the location and my crap planning. He began (after i had finished ) by informing me that he doesnt see any of my claim form and that the computer system was down so he had to type everything.

I was prepared for the nasty tricks, but actually the actual assessment went ok: that is i feel as though i got everything accross. He seemed to be on my level and at least understand what i was saying. It was ovet after 40 mins so i rang the taxi co from the loo and wandered down the corridors, past tourists to wait in the freezing cold against the wall very close to collapse.
I'll ask for a copy of my assessment and see what really happened.
Thank you for your help. I lead an isolated life. Without the wonderful info and support here i would have felt a hundred times worse than i do right now. I dont know what decision or result i'll get but i know what to do if its wrong.

Soozie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151070 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical
Soozie

Thank you for posting your experience it really helps other members who are still to go through the process.

Glad to hear it wasn't the trial you expected.

Decision for PIP should take 2-4 weeks but we have had members telling that they are having to wait longer at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151095 by soozie
Replied by soozie on topic Pip medical
Thank you Gordon,

Just to add that thanks to benefits and work i am aware that my claim is not necessarily over.

Previously i would feel relief that I've done as much as i can and that it is out of my hands...

However, whilst stuck indoors heavily medicated and struggling to move due to the pain and suffering from going to the medical assessment i have skimmed through the appeal info here.

Now is the time to keep an accurate diary if like me the assessment centre caused your symtoms to increase.

I am in the process and whilst its all still present i can only prepare and given the Small timescales allowed for reconsideration and/or appeal i need to prepare to allow myself the best chance to explain my life!

Also, i only found after my medical that b&w have user 'reviews' of the assessment centres, that is accessibility , location etc which is a brilliant thing.

Warmest regards,

Soozie

More
8 years 2 months ago #151554 by soozie
One week after my pip medical assessment...

I am in so much pain right now. Stuck indoors , alone and angry. Angry that they have done this to me. Angry at my body. Angry that i have to wait for what feels like an eternity for a decision.

On friday i rang dwp for a copy if my assessment. I also rang Atos to find out how to complain about the assessment venue, which i did via email.

Despite a weeks rest i still feel very ill. I am not able to be with my children alone as i am not in any physical shape to care for them.

I know my emotional state and physical state are closely connected so i have been trying to focus on what i can do, which is really the problem with pip.

To manage and live with bad health means focusing on the positives yet pip requires one to focus solely on the negatives. Then, when one has got through the papers the medical assessment is able to destroy your health and leave you powerless.

Today i have managed to fill in some of my diary for yesterday and this morning. I am trying to record my health in as much detail as possible since my assessment. Also i checked through my pip application and made sure it was in order . i dont know what else i can do. It just helps me when i rest to know i am doing something!

Feeling very low.very ill. Very dependant. And i very much need a shower

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151578 by soozie
Please help,

Whilst waiting for the decision i am wanting to also request an esa supersession. How do i do this? My gp is happy to support me and is doing a letter to explain that my health is bad, so should i wait until this is ready before writing to the dwp?

I've been in the wrag for four years. The first three were ok, the personal advisor did my interviews by phone ad he could see how ill i am and how detrimental attending the jc+ was.

But since moving and losing my support network i really struggle to get to interviews, it can take DAYS to cancel an interview and then im told to provide evidence i am sick!!!!

I am suffering from the pip medical. As a consequence of changing drs i am now waiting for physio, counselling, debt and money help,
And being seen by the pain clinic who alone are sending me to a support group thing starting next week and acupuncture from this week. Its going to be a struggle to do these. I need a break and some time to get some improvement in my health. Please help.

Soozie
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151585 by
Replied by on topic Pip medical

soozie wrote: Please help,

Whilst waiting for the decision i am wanting to also request an esa supersession. How do i do this? My gp is happy to support me and is doing a letter to explain that my health is bad, so should i wait until this is ready before writing to the dwp?

I've been in the wrag for four years. The first three were ok, the personal advisor did my interviews by phone ad he could see how ill i am and how detrimental attending the jc+ was.

But since moving and losing my support network i really struggle to get to interviews, it can take DAYS to cancel an interview and then im told to provide evidence i am sick!!!!

I am suffering from the pip medical. As a consequence of changing drs i am now waiting for physio, counselling, debt and money help,
And being seen by the pain clinic who alone are sending me to a support group thing starting next week and acupuncture from this week. Its going to be a struggle to do these. I need a break and some time to get some improvement in my health. Please help.

Soozie

Hi S,

If you wish to instigate a review/supersession of your current ESA award you would have to report a Change of Circumstances (C of C) in writing requesting a review !

You should post this to the Address of The Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent ESA letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

This will probably instigate a full re-assessment, ESA50 etc, and the possibility of a face to face assessment.

If you are going to make further queries regarding ESA can you please do so in a new topic, you can then keep all your ESA queries to that topic and all your PIP queries here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.