× Members

Typing my PIP form?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148556 by brokennotbent
Typing my PIP form? was created by brokennotbent
Hi, i don't really know why I'm posting this; I knew this would reach me eventually and there's no way around it, but I'm terrified.
Please nobody say that "if you're honest and genuine, you have nothing to fear" as we all know thats BS.
Anyway, i have been on DLA HRM and HRC since 2010. Initially 3 yrs but after medical this was changed to indefinite. I have now received my "invitation" to apply for PIP and I have to phone by Friday - I'm terrified.
Since my "indefinite award" I have had to move 300+ miles (as my parents moved and I'm still dependent on them financially and "emotionally" though thats a joke!). So I have left behind the one person I could trust in the medical profession, who has known me and tried so hard to help me. My new GP practice was appalling even though, after years of pushing help way, I am really trying to turn my life around but I couldn't even get an appointment. Then just before Christmas I was suicidal and had a total meltdown in the practice reception and, instead of seeing that I needed help, I was struck off their books for being rude to staff - I was in meltdown! I have finally found a new GP and registered and have my first appointment this Friday but they wont be able to write a very thorough report for the DWP as they don't know me yet, and I have no support network. If I lose my DLA/PIP, my parents will finally follow through on their threats and evict me, and although I do want to leave, I cant do this in my own yet. Please don't tell me about going for HB etc, I need to sort this out first.
Im scared this first telephone call is a trap and then it will only get worse.
Im not expecting magic answers, just needed to vent as I have none to talk to except my dogs and, if I didnt have them, I would have jumped off the harbour bridge a few weeks ago.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #148558 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Typing my PIP form?
Hi

You will find many in the same sort of predicament on here. I get into trouble for telling it like it is so no soft soaping.
However this site will prove to be your lifeline. Read the claim guides and start formulating your answers, think about where you will score points and why. You can get evidence from anyone connected to your treatment or care. That includes the folks!! Tell them not to sugarcoat it.
You can also get access to your medical records and get copies of all lteersetc that will help.
PIP is deliberately designed to be different and harder than DLA. So you have to be cleverer in your application. We will help you.

The first telephone call is basically to confirm your personal details and register you so they can send the claim pack.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148560 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Typing my PIP form?
Hi bnb,
I am sorry that this is causing you so much distress, it sounds as if it could have come at a better time for you!

I'm not going to make empty promises, no-one can guarantee the outcome of this. However, you will give yourself the best chance of success if you are able to deal with it calmly and systematically. I have filled my PIP2 in with the relevant page of the guide open in front of me to make sure I did not miss anything. I have also written all my answers on the comp, rather than putting them directly into the form, so that I can go back and add extra information as much as I want.

To the very best of my knowledge, there will be no tricks in store when you make the phonecall. Have the required information ready (the PIP guide tells you what you will need) so that you are not flustered by something you were not expecting.

Finally - you might find it helpful to access your old medical records from your new GP if you do not feel s/he knows you well enough to write a letter of support (or refuses to do so on the basis that it is not 'practice policy').

Requesting your medical records

Please reply to this message if/when you have further questions and we will do our very best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokennotbent

More
8 years 3 months ago #148588 by mrsboop
Replied by mrsboop on topic Typing my PIP form?
Hi,

I can empathise with your situation, I too had never gone through the process.
I spent a lot of time on this site looking around it really is helpful.

The first call is ok, i have a phone anxiety and dreaded it too.

The night before the face to faceI could not sleep, I was a nervous wreck.

You can have a look at things I have written as I have just had mine and it might help you understand the process and things you need to write.

Keep Calm and carry on.!!!

More
8 years 3 months ago #148612 by brokennotbent
Replied by brokennotbent on topic Typing my PIP form?
I can't talk to strangers, I know I have socially isolated myself for years and I am very articulate and intelligent but, that's the cruel irony of my problems, I know my thoughts are illogical and irrational but I'm going to get totally flustered and panicky just during this phone all, and they'll think I'm either putting it on, or that I have something to hide.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148613 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Typing my PIP form?

brokennotbent wrote: I can't talk to strangers, I know I have socially isolated myself for years and I am very articulate and intelligent but, that's the cruel irony of my problems, I know my thoughts are illogical and irrational but I'm going to get totally flustered and panicky just during this phone all, and they'll think I'm either putting it on, or that I have something to hide.

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

One of the front sections deals with making the call to claim PIP. IT's not complicated and they will only ask you a few questions that are listed in the guide.

I fully appreciate how difficult this is for you, but you are faced with a choice; make this call or lose your DLA. I'm sure neither option is something that you will find easy, so this is a case of choosing the least difficult option.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.