× Members

ESA medical

More
8 years 7 months ago #141169 by Livonia
ESA medical was created by Livonia
Hello all

I didn't feel up to a long call so filled downloaded the esa1 form. And sent today to address that came up with my post code . Before posting I rang to check address I got a really arrogant young man who told me "they needed to record my application by phone"
And where did I get form and grilled me on website. I am not up to conflict so just sd your website. Worried now I gave done wrong thing by posting and filling in myself it took me a few days.... I ad we it's advice on your own website. ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141176 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA medical

dizzy1967 wrote: Hello all

I didn't feel up to a long call so filled downloaded the esa1 form. And sent today to address that came up with my post code . Before posting I rang to check address I got a really arrogant young man who told me "they needed to record my application by phone"
And where did I get form and grilled me on website. I am not up to conflict so just sd your website. Worried now I gave done wrong thing by posting and filling in myself it took me a few days.... I ad we it's advice on your own website. ...

The Gov UK website is quite clear that you can download and compete the ESA1 yourself and then send it in to the DWP, so you have done nothing wrong, unfortunately the call centre staff are badly trained and often have no real understanding of how the system works.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livonia

More
8 years 3 months ago #147677 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic ESA medical
:( This week my friend travelled 2 hours down to Devon to help me get to my assessment as I couldn't get there alone.

She had made the appointment and the person knew my mental health issues.

We arrived early as requested to a full waiting room - only two chairs spare and not together.

The receptionist had no idea what she was doing and kept asking a colleague what to ask etc. and said there will be a 'bit of wait. my friend said we would wait in her car as it was difficult for me to wait in the waiting room as I was already stressed and feeling sick.

They initially rang us in the car which was outside the reception area and sd 20 mins wait (already been there 20 mins). Then another 30 mins. my friend went in to talk to them and persuaded me that we should stay and get it over with.

now over an hour waiting my friend was told that even if they got to me (!) as the building would be locked and alarms on in the next hour even if the assessment started we would probably not finish the assessment and we would have to rebook an appointment and not restart the assessment but actually begin it again.

my friend told them she was unhappy they would treat unwell people like this and said it wasn't good enough... They said they would send a request to 'Bristol ' for an appointment . The only day I have someone to take me is 3rd february now so its all dragging on and I am so upset. Also my income is so low as my esa started towards the end of August so I am only on the 73.00 payment.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147696 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA medical
Dizzy

I'm afraid it's not that unusual.

You biggest problem is that the 3rd is just outside the 3 week range that Maximus try to book appointments within, so you need to be pre-active about this if you can and contact them for an appointment on that day.

Also, you need to be firm that they understand that they cancelled the appointment and that you attended on the day, you are allowed only two failures and you might need to move the appointment again if they pick an unsuitable date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151909 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic ESA medical
I had an assessment accompanied by a friend and have severe anxiety and depression. I was so upset a person identified by the assessor as an observer apparently of her was sat inbroom no name etc I felt very rail roaded to agree but SD rather not somehow. My friend supported me but just a warning. I am grieving too after a bereavement ... The "observer" was not friendly and very put out I declined. We had a ecorded assessment.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151926 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA medical

dizzy1967 wrote: I had an assessment accompanied by a friend and have severe anxiety and depression. I was so upset a person identified by the assessor as an observer apparently of her was sat inbroom no name etc I felt very rail roaded to agree but SD rather not somehow. My friend supported me but just a warning. I am grieving too after a bereavement ... The "observer" was not friendly and very put out I declined. We had a recorded assessment.

Hi d1967,

I notice that you have other ESA related topics which I will now merge for continuity !

At least it is over and done with now !

You were quite within your rights to refuse to have an "observer" present !!!

The ESA85 Medical Report compiled by the Assessor will have been sent electronically to The DWP ESA DM who will make the final decision and inform you in writing !!

You could give it a week or so and then ring The ESA number for an update if you wish :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Wishing you luck for a positive outcome and please keep us updated !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.