× Members

ESA50 RE-ASSESSMENT FORM

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152116 by pippers
ESA50 RE-ASSESSMENT FORM was created by pippers
Hi all, I'm filling out my ESA 50 re-assessment,
My medical condition is physical (spinal), could anyone tell me when filling out the form do I completely ignore the questions for Mental, cognitive and intellectual functions
I have finished the physical section. It then tells you:

You have now completed the section about your physical problems.

In Part 2 below please tell us about any mental health, cognitive or intellectual problems. By cognitive we mean problems you may have with thinking, learning, understanding or remembering things.

To answer Yes to any of the following questions, you must be ABLE to do the activity safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as you need to and in a reasonable length of time.

PT2 Question 11

Please tick this box If you can
learn to do everyday tasks
without difficulty

Can you learn how to do a more
complicated task such as using a
washing machine?

For me Mentally I could, but my physical disabilities prevents me from doing them, do I ignore the questions or do I explain ?

Please help :unsure:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152129 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 RE-ASSESSMENT FORM
Hi Pippers and welcome to the forum, it seems that you have found your way around the site already :)

You are highly unlikely to score points for the second half of the ESA50 if you do not have any cognitive, mental or intellectual impairments. However, I subscribe to the school of thought that says 'tell them everything, then they can't say they didn't know'! Others might not agree.

Either way, you should treat this as you did your first application and not assume that DWP have any prior knowledge of you or your limitations.

If you have further questions about your ESA claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It makes things much easier for us - and you - if everything relating to one topic is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you for your future co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.