× Members

driving or operating machinery????

More
8 years 1 month ago #152487 by John
Replied by John on topic driving or operating machinery????
Just a thought but if you rely on your driving license you might want to watch what you write as by sounds of it you could be in danger of being reported to dvla. Sure I have read elsewhere about someone taking a similar approach and the medical examiner stating that dvla would need to be notified. Not sure if that's true but thought it was worth mentioning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152588 by DizzyLizzy
Replied by DizzyLizzy on topic driving or operating machinery????
I worry about this ... I have my license following a stroke which caused significant visual problems, importantly not field of vision though. They rear their ugly heads when I'm tired, over stressed and ill. I choose very carefully when and where I drive but it does worry me that in being honest about visual problems they would take my license away.

Is there any evidence of the DWP going back to the DVLA?

This all sucks!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152616 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic driving or operating machinery????

DizzyLizzy wrote: I worry about this ... I have my license following a stroke which caused significant visual problems, importantly not field of vision though. They rear their ugly heads when I'm tired, over stressed and ill. I choose very carefully when and where I drive but it does worry me that in being honest about visual problems they would take my license away.

Is there any evidence of the DWP going back to the DVLA?

This all sucks!

I don't think there is any legal responsibility on DWP staff to contact the DVLA as there is for example with your GP.

This is a difficult issue, failing to disclose information to the DVLA about any medical issues that could affect an individuals driving can lead to the invalidation of their insurance. If in doubt speak to your GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.