× Members

ESA50 struggling

More
8 years 1 month ago #152545 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 struggling

Shemarie wrote: Sorry, one more question I forgot to ask.

I would normally have received letters by now telling me how much ESA and DLA I would be receiving for next year, but have received nothing.

Would this be because I was due for reassessment having been in the SG for three years? Have other people received these letters?

Many thanks.

I'm not sure that the DLA ones have been sent out yet, none of my friends have received their ones yet, the ESA one may be because you are being re-assessed. You haven't missed anything as I don't think there have been any increases this year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152556 by Shemarie
Replied by Shemarie on topic ESA50 struggling
Thanks, Gordon.

No increase doesn't worry me much, but the prospect of no ESA full stop terrifies me. My panicky mind is thinking all kinds of things right now, including ' no uprating letter means they've already decided not to renew my benefits', etc.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152557 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 struggling

Shemarie wrote: Thanks, Gordon.

No increase doesn't worry me much, but the prospect of no ESA full stop terrifies me. My panicky mind is thinking all kinds of things right now, including ' no uprating letter means they've already decided not to renew my benefits', etc.

You shouldn't assume that at all, no uprating letters means nothing more than no uprating letter! They cannot pre-empt a Decision on your claim in this way. A decision to re-assess you may have stopped the letter being sent but that is as far as it goes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152562 by Shemarie
Thanks again, and apologies- it's panic station thinking.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152569 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA50 struggling
My DLA uprating letter arrived over the weekend.

I am going thru the DLA to PIP, have completed all forms, have had an assessment, have had a letter saying they have received all info and are the process of making a decision.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152594 by Shemarie
There was one more thing that's occurred to me-sorry about this. Am I right in thinking that you receive your benefits at the same level until a decision is made? Then any changes are made depending on the outcome? Thanks.

Well done pusscatsmum, on getting through the forms (I'm yet to put pen to paper following sleepless night). Good luck with the outcome.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.