× Members

Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA

More
8 years 2 months ago #151222 by Twinkle
Hi all
Having used this fantastic forum - i'm today posting my ESA re-assesment.
I feel battered and bruised having had to fill the damn thing in (pardon my french) bit by bit over the past few weeks, but it really has left me mentally and physically drained. :(

I have CFS/Fibro/Depression/RA plus a few other things going on for good measure.

I was placed in the Support Group upon transfer from IB back in 2011 after a face-to-face assessment, then subsequently placed in the Support Group in 2013 this time without having to attend a face-to-face.
Alas, the dreaded brown envelope has arrived last month once again. :woohoo:

I was wondering if i'm more likely to get called in for a face-to-face this time as they won't have seen me since 2011?

Thank you for this brilliant forum, I really don't know how I could have tackled that form without your help - also not forgetting the help from my hubby. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151257 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA
Hi Twinkle,

I'm glad that you have got your ESA form submitted, that's one more thing to cross off the 'To Do' list :) Thanks for your kind words about B+W, I'm glad we were able to be of assistance.

I'm afraid it is not possible to say whether you are likely to be called for a face2face assessment this time round. I have given up trying to predict what Maximus/DWP will do! I hope you will not be kept waiting for too long.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

More
8 years 2 months ago #151290 by Twinkle
Replied by Twinkle on topic Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA
It's the stress of completing the form (together with the additional 42 pages) ;) then the waiting begins - drives you mad. :woohoo:

More
8 years 1 month ago #152500 by Twinkle
Replied by Twinkle on topic Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA
I rang the Medical Services this morning to see how they were getting on with my re-assesment to be told that I would not require to attend a face to face & that the file had been returned to the DWP on the 24th Feb (it was only sent in to them by the 19th) so this was a very speedy turnaround.
I rang the DWP and they said that I will remain in the Support Group for 36mths from the 24/2/16.!!!! :)

Phew - I cannot tell you how much of a relief this is, the stress that this ESA re-assessment form brings on is immense. She couldn't tell me how many points i'd been awarded and for what descriptor, please can you tell me what piece of paper I need to request from the DWP in order to find this out please.

Once again a huge, huge thank you to this Forum - without your guidance I would have been at at a complete loss.
:kiss:

More
8 years 1 month ago #152513 by Gordon
Twinkle

That's terrific news, thanks for letting us know.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152518 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA
That's great news Twinkle! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :) The form you need to request is an ESA85a.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.