× Members

Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA

More
8 years 1 month ago #152522 by Twinkle
Replied by Twinkle on topic Disability premiums & Contribution based ESA
I now intend to apply for PIP - should I wait until I receive the ESA85A first before making the phone call re PIP or not do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152524 by Gordon

Twinkle wrote: I now intend to apply for PIP - should I wait until I receive the ESA85A first before making the phone call re PIP or not do you think?

It's entirely up to you :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152563 by Twinkle
I have been on IB since 2000 then migrated to ESA Support Group in 2011. I am in receipt of ESA (contribution based) having paid enough N.I. during the 20 years that I was employed.
My early ill-health retirement pension from work has not been taken into a/c and it was explained to me that it was protected, and neither has my husband's earnings/savings ever been taken into a/c. Is there ever a situation whilst in the SG and in receipt of the contribution based ESA that you are eligible for the enhanced disability premium?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152570 by bro58

Twinkle wrote: I have been on IB since 2000 then migrated to ESA Support Group in 2011. I am in receipt of ESA (contribution based) having paid enough N.I. during the 20 years that I was employed.

My early ill-health retirement pension from work has not been taken into a/c and it was explained to me that it was protected, and neither has my husband's earnings/savings ever been taken into a/c. Is there ever a situation whilst in the SG and in receipt of the contribution based ESA that you are eligible for the enhanced disability premium?

Hi T,

I have merged this with your other ESA topic for continuity !

Even if you fulfil the qualifying criteria for : ESA Premiums , as all ESAPremium are paid as Income Related (IR) ESA top-ups, you cannot receive payment of any ESA Premiums unless you can also pass the IR ESA means test with respect to capital, assets, savings, household income and any hours worked by a partner if you have one.

Your Works Pension, CB ESA payments and your partners income would be taken into account £ for £ as household income in the IR ESA means test.

Asset rule for receipt of IR ESA

24 hour work rule for payment of IR ESA

So basically, no entitlement to payment of IR ESA = no payments of ESA Premiums.

Try these : Benefits Calculators.

If you still feel that you may have entitlement to payment you need to request an : (Sample) ESA 3 Form from DWP ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152596 by Twinkle
Thank you so much for that Bro, I would be much worse off on the IB ESA. ;)
Can the CB ESA entitlement ever run out - is it dependant on how much NI contributions i've made?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152623 by bro58

Twinkle wrote: Thank you so much for that Bro, I would be much worse off on the IB ESA. ;)
Can the CB ESA entitlement ever run out - is it dependant on how much NI contributions i've made?

Hi T,

I am afraid that you have no choice in the matter !!

If you qualify for payment of CB ESA, that will always take precedence over payment of (IB ESA) IR ESA.

If you were entitled to payments of ESA Premiums, the IR ESA Premiums would be paid as a top up to your CB ESA.

If you are ever placed into The WRAG due to a future reassessment, you will only be entitled to 365 days payment of CB ESA "whilst not in The SG".

If after the 365 days you were not entitled to any IR ESA, your ESA payments would cease and you would only receive NI Credits (Stamps) towards your State Pension.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.