× Members

ESA - basic query

More
8 years 2 months ago #152752 by Penguin
ESA - basic query was created by Penguin
Am about to begin Mandatory reconsideration as the powers that be now feel I am no longer in need of ESA - going to gp today to go back on antidepressants - can I still claim free prescription or do I need to pay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152753 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA - basic query
Hi Jeanette

Your full name is displayed - if you want to change that, go to 'frequently asked questions' and you be shown how to do it.

Regarding your query about prescription charges - it doesn't really come within the remit of the forum, I do know that it's possible to obtain a prepayment certificate - your chemist will advise you on this; some diseases are automatically entitled to free prescription (diabetes etc); I don't know what the position is with regard to low income - you'd perhaps have to approach either your chemist or an advisory such as CAB if that is your reason for non-payment.

Sorry not to be of more help; possibly other Mods, or contributors to the site would be able to tell you better? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Penguin

More
8 years 2 months ago #152754 by Penguin
Replied by Penguin on topic ESA - basic query
to clarify can I still get free prescription while appealing - does anyone know.
Not really looking to the future can only cope with one day at a time

More
8 years 2 months ago #152758 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA - basic query
I'm afraid you are no longer on ESA, so cannot claim free prescriptions for that reason. You can ask for a receipt from the pharmacy and the money you pay will be refunded if you then qualify on the grounds of low income.

I assume you must have been in income-related ESA if you were claiming free prescriptions (contributory does not qualify), are you on any other benefits? People in receipt of housing benefit will find that this stops as the department is notified by DWP that ESA has finished. In this case it is usually possible to make another claim for HB on the grounds of low income, but you would have to action this yourself.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Penguin

More
8 years 2 months ago #152769 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic ESA - basic query
Not 100% certain but I think income based JSA entitles the recipient to free prescriptions.

Susan

More
8 years 2 months ago #152881 by Penguin
Replied by Penguin on topic ESA - basic query
Thank you and I think you may be right

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.