× Members

Using an aid or appliance

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151726 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP additional information

Ann1966 wrote: I have my f2f assessment on Thursday, which the thought of is making me a nervous wreck!
My question is... a couple of days ago I found some paperwork that is nearly 3 yrs old, but still considerably newer than the paperwork submitted for my lifetime award of dla, I is a medical assessment prepared by the NHS chief litigation doctor who was opposing me at a time when I took my former employer to court, in it he states that in his opinion I was at the time 70% severely disabled, unlikely to ever work again, and likely to get progressively worse. I sent this by first class recorded post yesterday, but it hasn't got onto the system yet. Do you think that this information is likely to be to old for them to take into consideration??

Hi A1966,

I see that you have some other PIP related topics which I will merge with this one !

PIP has nothing at all to do with your "capability for work" that is ESA !!

You can work full time and still be awarded PIP.

You have already sent copy, and you could still present further copy to The Assessor before the assessment begins, but the only way that you can qualify for PIP is by scoring enough points under the relevant PIP Activities, via the appropriate Descriptor/s.

Regarding your PIP F2F, have a read through : This Post

Good luck and please keep us updated by replying to this topic !

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151998 by Ann1966
Replied by Ann1966 on topic PIP additional information
Had my f2f assessment today, the assessor said I had sent in so much information, she didn't have time to read it before seeing me, good or bad? They offered me a cup of tea whilst I waited?? I was considerably wheezy, had to get them to turn air conditioning off or I would have been 999'd out of there, they said they would not put me through the physical exam or a peak flow test, for fear of making me worse, don't know if that's good or bad either?!!

Before going I rang atos about were to park, they told me a car park 5-10 minutes away, on foot, don't know if this is a ploy of theirs as there is actually a car park opposite!! ( pay and display)
This is Swindon PIP assessment centre at Minton place...
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #152019 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP additional information

Ann1966 wrote: Had my f2f assessment today, the assessor said I had sent in so much information, she didn't have time to read it before seeing me, good or bad? They offered me a cup of tea whilst I waited?? I was considerably wheezy, had to get them to turn air conditioning off or I would have been 999'd out of there, they said they would not put me through the physical exam or a peak flow test, for fear of making me worse, don't know if that's good or bad either?!!

Before going I rang atos about were to park, they told me a car park 5-10 minutes away, on foot, don't know if this is a ploy of theirs as there is actually a car park opposite!! ( pay and display)
This is Swindon PIP assessment centre at Minton place...

Hi A1996,

It is hard to make any valid comment regarding how your assessment went !!

A Peak Flow test would be normal for a claimant with respiratory problems, so I would take it that they accepted that you were having trouble breathing without the need of a PeF to verify your poor lung capacity !!

You could give it a week or so, then ring the PIP Helpline for an update.

PIP helpline :
Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone, you could request copy of your PA 4 Medical Report compiled by the Assessor at your F2F.

Some members have managed to obtain it before receiving a decision, some have had to wait until after.

Please let us know how the process is progressing ! :)

bro58

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #152980 by Ann1966
Replied by Ann1966 on topic Using an aid or appliance
Sorry I haven't linked this to my other posts, but couldn't find them and forgot to bookmark :((

Just a quick question, have received my copy of my assessment and have scored 0 points for activity 7
I put that I have a hearing aid because I am profoundly deaf in my right ear, I have difficulties in groups of people with hearing and difficulty when I'm in hospital every 6 weeks with all the noise of the ward, however because I choose not to wear my hearing appliance as it sends all noise to my good ear and I could hear questions in the small office of the assessment this was the rational for scoring 0, I thought that you still scored on need whether you have the aid or assistance or not?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153012 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using an aid or appliance
Ann

It's difficult to say whether you should have scored points for the Communicating activity, although you say you are profoundly deaf in one ear, it's not clear whether your hearing in the other ear is restricted or not. I think it likely that the assessor and DM will have considered your hearing from both ears together.

Have you actually received a Decision on your claim yet or are you going by the assessment report?

If a Decision, have you received what you expected?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153067 by Ann1966
Replied by Ann1966 on topic Using an aid or appliance
I was just going on the PA4, I received it today, I have added up the assessors points that have been awarded, and they total 12 in both sections, there are however several inaccuracies, the one about using an aid or appliance (although I don't use it as it brings all sound to my hearing ear, and this confuses me) I just thought that even if you did not use an aid the fact that you needed one counted ??
I don't know how much notice of the f2f the DM takes but hopefully I have scored enough to maintain my entitlement.
I telephoned the DWP this pm and there has been no decision made yet and the lady on the end of the phone seemed very surprised that I had a copy of the f2f before having had a decision made?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.