× Members

ESA Reassessment

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153947 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Reassessment
Spridgett

You'll have to forgive us but we stopped trying to second guess the results of assessments by what had or had not happened long ago.

I realise this doesn't help you :(

Decision are usually taking about two weeks. The ESA85 won't be sent until after the Decision is made.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spridgett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153956 by Spridgett
Replied by Spridgett on topic ESA Reassessment
Thank you for your suitably ambiguous answer, Gordon! I had expected you to be non committal on the likely outcome but had hoped for some comment on how the assessment was conducted itself.

At least, if the outcome is an unfavourable one, I should have plenty of ammunition to hit the DWP with!

Thank you for getting me this far with your excellent guides.

All the best to you and your fellow forum moderators.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153970 by Gordon

Spridgett wrote: Thank you for your suitably ambiguous answer, Gordon! I had expected you to be non committal on the likely outcome but had hoped for some comment on how the assessment was conducted itself.

At least, if the outcome is an unfavourable one, I should have plenty of ammunition to hit the DWP with!

Thank you for getting me this far with your excellent guides.

All the best to you and your fellow forum moderators.

I'm not sure what you want us to say, we've seen better assessments and most certainly worse ones.

Appeals, on the whole, are won because the claimant shows they meet criteria for an award, issues during the assessment interview are rarely taken into account.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154674 by Spridgett
Replied by Spridgett on topic ESA Reassessment
Dear Forum, particularly Gordon,

I wanted to let you know that, following my ESA reassessment f2f on 14th March, I have received official notification that I am to remain in the Support Group, with reassessment due again in two years. Following the briefest of interviews, it appears that the Decision Maker took less than three days to make their decision, as the letter was dated 17th March. The letter has given no reason for the decision, but I had already sent a written request for a copy of the ESA85 report, which I have yet to receive. Will this report give me this information, or do I need to make a further written request for this information?

Thank you so very much for all your help and the excellent guides, which proved an invaluable source of reference when completing the ESA50 and when preparing for the f2f.

My best wishes to you all.

Spridgett
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154677 by Gordon
Spridgett

Many congratulations on the award. I did say it was impossible to predict the result based on the assessment :)

And thank you for your comments about the guides.

The ESA85 will give you some idea of why you qualified, be aware they do tend to stop looking after the claimant is considered to have met at least one of the SG Descriptors, so you may have met more than one but this won't be shown.

Gordon

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154700 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Reassessment
That's great news Spridgett! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.