× Members

pip question

More
8 years 1 month ago #153172 by sophi
pip question was created by sophi
i have a pip medial tm.. grr.. and i filled the forms in using this guide, o well, i tried.. anyway

question. i rely on my DLA to pay for medical stuff to get me stable, something i have been working damn hard on for the last few years. If i lose PIP i lose my stability, so do I answer as if I am not stable because without PIP I wouldnt be?

i hope that makes sense.

Its kinda like taking tablets for something, but these cost 45 pounds a week and i use my dla for them..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153187 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip question
Hi Sophi,

Good luck with the face2face, the PIP guide has a section telling you what to expect. I think all you can do is explain that you only manage to do things because of the help you buy. Saying how you would be without the help leaves you open to charges of fraud and not mentioning the help runs a higher risk of not being awarded PIP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153203 by sophi
Replied by sophi on topic pip question
even if losing pip will put me back down there, where I wont want to go, and make me entitled again? thats really terrible. so with pip im not entitled, but without pip I am?

how does that work?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153205 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip question

sophi wrote: even if losing pip will put me back down there, where I wont want to go, and make me entitled again? thats really terrible. so with pip im not entitled, but without pip I am?

how does that work?

Hi s,

I am afraid that they will only assess your limitations on how they are at the time of the PIP assessment, and not how they may be at some time in the future if you fail to obtain an adequate PIP award !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153206 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip question

sophi wrote: even if losing pip will put me back down there, where I wont want to go, and make me entitled again? thats really terrible. so with pip im not entitled, but without pip I am?

how does that work?

If you are taking medicine for your conditions then you will be assessed as you are when you are taking it.

As an aside, why are you paying £45 per week for treatment, if it is NHS prescriptions then there are options for significantly reducing the costs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153211 by sophi
Replied by sophi on topic pip question
therapy, not available on the NHS... long term, if i miss a week i go back a long way.. grr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.