× Members

pip question

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #154998 by sophi
Replied by sophi on topic pip question
hi

am i right in thinking this?

if someone has uncontrooled epilepsy without warning, even if they may only have fits once or twice a day, it woyld still be unsafe for them to complete activities like cooking or bathing as the risk is the same throughout the day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155013 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip question

sophi wrote: hi

am i right in thinking this?

if someone has uncontrooled epilepsy without warning, even if they may only have fits once or twice a day, it woyld still be unsafe for them to complete activities like cooking or bathing as the risk is the same throughout the day?

If you are asking if there is a "rule" for this then I'm afraid the answer is no! You need to make sure that you explained why your Epilepsy would restrict your ability to complete the PIP activities. See the PIP Claim guide for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 days ago #157152 by sophi
sent off the MR and they recieved it on 1st April. i hadnt heard anything and rang today to be told its taking up to 9 weeks at the moment. I have been looking on here and other places where people are getting their MR notices quicker than mine. I know mine was 11 pages, but still, am i just being paranoid?

They confirmed they had recieved it so its not been lost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 3 days ago #157254 by sophi
No reply? How long should an Mr take? Dwp are saying 8-9 weeks...

More
8 years 2 days ago #157290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip question

sophi wrote: No reply? How long should an Mr take? Dwp are saying 8-9 weeks...

Anything involving DWP Decision Makers in the PIP process is suffering from considerable delays, this is likely to include MRs as well as Decision, we've seen the latter go from two weeks at the beginning of the year to over eight weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158482 by sophi
Been waiting 8 weeks for mr. Now been sent a Atos hone visit for another medical. Dwp dont know why.
Can they do this? Theyv already done one. If they are saying my original is wrong then shouldn't they put me back into payment as they are reassing me.
Do they do a paper medical before automatically issuing a medical again?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.