× Members

PIP Medical Tommorow

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155529 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Medical Tommorow
Good luck!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155688 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic PIP Medical Tommorow
Had my PIP assessment yesterday. Perhaps I was lucky as the person I saw was a paramedic and seemed to be very understanding of my condition. Its down to the decision maker now.

• bro58
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #155714 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Medical Tommorow

Richard wrote: Had my PIP assessment yesterday. Perhaps I was lucky as the person I saw was a paramedic and seemed to be very understanding of my condition. Its down to the decision maker now.

Hi R,

Glad to hear that your PIP F2F was o.k. !!

You could give it a week or so then ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone you could also request copy of the PA4 Medical Report compiled by The PIP Assessor at your F2F.

Some members have managed to obtain copy before the decision and others have had to wait until after !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155720 by slugsta
Here's hoping you don't have to wait much longer for a favourable decision!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162417 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic PIP Medical Tommorow
I had my white letter from hell and was awarded 0 points. The decision makers reasoning was so damning as my disabilities don't exist anymore and it knocked the stuffing out of me. I spoke to CAB and they said about ring and asking for a mandatory reconsideration. However I am so drained I don't feel like going through all that. I also have a 16 yr old Daughter who has been in hospital for five months with mental health problems which we have to think about as well.

Now my DLA/PIP has stopped HMRC want to take my disability element of tax credits away, not that I got much in the way of tax credits.

On the form it asks you to tick a box saying yes/no for whether you have a disability that puts you at a disadvantage getting a job. If I lost my job I would be a at a big disadvantage getting another job but there is nothing on the form that covers effects of traumatic brain injury. What am I supposed to do just say hey ho I have a disability and lets get on with it. Yours disillusioned

More
7 years 9 months ago #162457 by slugsta
Hi Richard,

I'm sorry that the PIP decision was not the one you deserved :(

I am unsure whether you are asking a question or just letting off steam?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.