× Members

PIP Rollout in Wales

More
8 years 2 months ago #153335 by VikkiH
PIP Rollout in Wales was created by VikkiH
For anyone who has started or is due to start the DLA to PIP process in Wales, here is my time line.

I'm in South Wales, near Cardiff.

1. Telephone Assessment 16/01/2016
2. Application form submitted 19/02/2016
3. Telephone call for medical assessment - home visit 09/03/2016
(they had been trying for a week to contact me)
4. Home visit booked for 9am on 16/03/2016

As you can see, the medical assessment is to take place less than one month after receipt of the application form. As the rollout is still in the early stages, the lag time between the form and the medical is negligible. Unfortunately for us, this has greatly reduced the amount of time available to chase up the outstanding evidence. Never count on a 16-23 week lag when you need one!

For anyone just starting the process, I hope this timescale helps your expectations.

Wishing you all the very best of honest assessments,

Vikki the legless stammerer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153444 by Twinkle
Replied by Twinkle on topic PIP Rollout in Wales
Wow that is a quick turnaround Vikki, I hope all goes well for you.
I'm in north Wales and was wondering what the turnaround is here - if anyone has any info please.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Rollout in Wales
[quote="Twinkleall goes well for you.
I'm in north Wales and was wondering what the turnaround is here - if anyone has any info please.[/quote]

I'm afraid most members do not include where they are in the country and whilst the DWP do publish statistics they are often for periods a year or more in the past, so we don't have any up to date information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twinkle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.