× Members

Help - just got call from DWP

More
8 years 1 month ago #153384 by ela808
Help - just got call from DWP was created by ela808
I'm in a panic - just got a call from DWP decision maker because my application has to be sent to quality control as she is not happy with the quality of the report by the ATOS Health professional. She called me because I had asked for a copy of the report.
She wants to know if I want the copy now of wait until the decision is made. She said I don't need to worry it's ATOS she is querying???
I am worried - what the dickens does it all mean?
She gave me her number and told me to ring her back when i've made my decision?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153394 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Help - just got call from DWP

ela808 wrote: I'm in a panic - just got a call from DWP decision maker because my application has to be sent to quality control as she is not happy with the quality of the report by the ATOS Health professional. She called me because I had asked for a copy of the report.
She wants to know if I want the copy now of wait until the decision is made. She said I don't need to worry it's ATOS she is querying???
I am worried - what the dickens does it all mean?
She gave me her number and told me to ring her back when i've made my decision?

Hi e808,

I gather that this is all to do with your SG Award as posted : Here

It is very unusual for a DM to re-look at an ESA Medical Report after the decision has been made, in fact I have never heard of this before.

When you request documents, this is generally dealt with by The DWP Data Control Dept.

I have heard of quality control auditing ESA Medical Reports for poor quality, but this is generally done before a decision is made, not after it !

If you are to ring them, you need to clarify what exactly they are getting at, and does your current SG Award which you have received in writing, still stand ?

Ask them their name, position and which department they work in !!

Are DWP going to insist that ATOS generate a fresh Medical Report, and if so, to what purpose ?

Ask them what "the decision" that they speak of is pertaining to ?

I cannot see any harm in you requesting copy of the existing report.

If you have the facility to records the phone call covertly, I would do so !!

Please keep us updated.

I will merge your other ESA related topics with this one for continuity.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153405 by ela808
Replied by ela808 on topic Help - just got call from DWP
Sorry I should have made it clear - I applied for PIP my assessment was on 19th Feb and I have asked for a copy of the report done by ATOS. DWP have called to say that they need to send the report for quality control, as they are not happy with some aspects of how the ATOS HP has done the report. She askee me whether I want a cpy of the report sent now, or wait until the decision is made. I'm not sure what difference it will make.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153410 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Help - just got call from DWP

ela808 wrote: Sorry I should have made it clear - I applied for PIP my assessment was on 19th Feb and I have asked for a copy of the report done by ATOS. DWP have called to say that they need to send the report for quality control, as they are not happy with some aspects of how the ATOS HP has done the report. She askee me whether I want a cpy of the report sent now, or wait until the decision is made. I'm not sure what difference it will make.

Hi e808,

Oh................. It's pertaining to PIP !!!

You might as well wait until the report is checked and amended if necessary, as if you obtain a copy of the current poor quality one, it may not truly reflect the PIP decision when it is made !!

I missed the reference to ATOS in your other post so wrongly assumed that it was for ESA rather than PIP !!! :silly:

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153434 by ela808
Replied by ela808 on topic Help - just got call from DWP
Hi bro58

Not sure if I’m any the wiser or any less suspicious but …..
My son Theo called her back
she said there were discrepancies of certain points that contradict each other and
she wants to send it to quality control to get them to check it.
He asked her, if I were to see the report now, would I worry?
She answered - yes
He then asked - in your professional opinion what should she do
She - said wait until a decision is made. She doesn’t want me to think she’s not trying to get sort the discrepancies checked out. So another few weeks wait for me...

Hmmm still very worrying.

I'll let you know when I hear anything
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.