× Members

DLA investigation

More
8 years 1 month ago #153441 by atkin604
DLA investigation was created by atkin604
Hi All,
After been awarded Mobility in 1998 for an indefinite period I was surprised today to receive a letter to say I am being investigated about my dla the investigator said they had received information about my medical condition and I would need to be interviewed under caution some of the facts the investigator told me about my condition were all wrong I explained to him I have just came out of hospital this week after having a ten hour operation to ex plant and replant a duel chamber pacemaker they had set a appointment for 2 weeks time I explained to him due to the stress of my operation I did not need further stresses waiting to be interviewed has then said he would cancel that and arrange a home visit asap as they did not want to cause any further stress to myself could anyone give me any advise, :( my doctor consultant are going to provide evidence about my condition and I have requested a copy of my medical records

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153452 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA investigation
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you have had to find us under such worrying circumstances :( These investigations are often triggered by a 'tip off', sometimes anonymous. As you have been told it is an 'interview under caution' you should certainly take it seriously and I advise that you take legal advice beforehand (and have a legal representative with you during the interview). You should try and find someone who has experience with benefits law, try doing an internet search in your local area.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.