× Members

PIP Waiting?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151692 by louise
PIP Waiting? was created by louise
Hi, My partner received a letter today to Claim for PIP as her DLA Runs out in July 2016 & this letter states her DLA ends in March now, she is extremely worried about this new process & has literally just rang them & gave them all details needed, I was quite surprised with how many questions they had to ask just to get a form sent to our address for me to fill in, the man on the call went through all the questions & then said she has to phone back, because the computer crashed right at the end, so she phoned back & the lady said yes the computer did crash but the information was saved & she finished it off.
My partner suffers with extremely bad depression & anxiety from history of Abuse & Rape from 10-16 from Dad & Mum & is on a lot of different medication, which I am in full control of, because of the risks of suicide attempts, which she has tried many times in the past & all reported in her medical files, she just hasn't been hospitalised because I was here to put stops to the attempts.
She feels as though she is going to be picked on just for answering the simple questions like Name, Date of birth, National insurance, mobile & other details, she is in tears & feels she is already being judged on what she said in this first call for the form to be sent to her.
She struggles explaining herself but I roughly knew what questions she would be asked, so I prepared her with answers on a sheet of paper ready,
Does this first call go against her or is this totally separate from the claim, in other words because she struggles explaining herself but managed to make the call & answer, will that be used against her, it is absolutely disgusting the way disabled people are being made to feel & worry about every detail.
They also said it will take 3 weeks for the form to arrive & to phone if it doesn't arrive.
Any information would gratefully appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151706 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Waiting?
Louise

The initial call is simply to open a PIP claim the information supplied is not part of the assessment process, this will be based on the PIP2 and the assessment done by the Assessment Provider. The staff in the call centre who deal with new claims are not connected to the assessment process.

Hopefully the claim will arrive a lot quicker than the three weeks mentioned.

Your partners DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision is made on their claim, providing they meet all of the date requirements for making the claim. This will be the case even if no Decision is made before July as the current DLA award will be extended as necessary/

Please have a look at the PIP Claim guide on the following link for information on how to complete the PIP2 based on your partners conditions and limitations.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: louise

More
8 years 2 months ago #151708 by louise
Replied by louise on topic PIP Waiting?
Thank You very much for clearing that up for me, it's hugely appreciated.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153443 by louise
Replied by louise on topic PIP Waiting?
Hi, I sent off my partners (How your disability affects you) form the other day by special delivery, they received it today & have text my mobile & said they will contact my partner again, if she needs a medical, how long realistically do you feel we will be waiting to hear any thing, to tell us if she needs a medical or if she doesn't need one? I hope they don't put her through a medical, as she can't cope with them at all.
Just want a rough idea, with how long we could be waiting to hear any thing, also do they phone or just send a letter?
Thanks
Antony.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153456 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Waiting?
Hi Louise,

I have merged your query with your previous topic about your partner's PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place.

At the end of last year we were hearing that PIP claims were being decided very quickly - 4 weeks from start to finish was not unusual! However, it seems that a backlog has now built up and claims are taking much longer to be decided. Thankfully, we have not yet got to the stage that ESA and PIP were a while ago when cases were regularly taking more than 12 months to be decided!

In my own case, I sent off my PIP2 form around the 3rd week of January, contacted ATOS recently to ask what was happening and was told that I am waiting for a date to become available for a f2f. I'm sure other members will tell you of their experiences.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your partner's PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: louise

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.