× Members

CFS/ME in Children and claiming.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153490 by countryman
CFS/ME in Children and claiming. was created by countryman
I am writing on behalf of a friend.

Their daughter (13) has been diagnosed with the above and has suffered with it for a year so far.

Do they claim DLA or PIP and is there a separate section for children on this wonderful resource as Im not good with tech and cant find it.

They have asked me to enquire as they dont want to spend out for membership unless there is a section that can help them. I have thanks to this forum also told them to consult with a disability rights advisor/CAB.

Thank you very much indeed.
Cman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153492 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CFS/ME in Children and claiming.

countryman wrote: I am writing on behalf of a friend.

Their daughter (13) has been diagnosed with the above and has suffered with it for a year so far.

Do they claim DLA or PIP and is there a separate section for children on this wonderful resource as Im not good with tech and cant find it.

They have asked me to enquire as they dont want to spend out for membership unless there is a section that can help them. I have thanks to this forum also told them to consult with a disability rights advisor/CAB.

Thank you very much indeed.
Cman.

It will be DLA initially and then an invitation to claim PIP when the child reaches 16.

There are guides for children claiming DLA in the DLA section.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla

If they can find an advisor with experience of child DLA claims specifically then it would be worth them using them for assistance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: countryman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.