× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration stitch up by DWP?

More
8 years 1 month ago #155673 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration stitch up by DWP?

tiredhoundy wrote: I am just about to help my friend complete the SSC1 form to appeal the DWP decision.

I just wanted to double check that it's ok for him to write "Please see attached" in the section 5 "Grounds for your appeal" and attach his reasons in printed form instead of having to hand write it on the actual form?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't expect it to cause any problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredhoundy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155749 by freddyfish
Replied by freddyfish on topic Mandatory Reconsideration stitch up by DWP?
Hi I had the same experience re my husband being placed in the wrag and when I rang to query it they started the Mandatory Recon. without us asking for it. It is obviously a policy to put pressure on the claiment. This upset us both greatly as it is obvious they will reach the same conclusion if no further evidence or letters to support any change are looked at. I contacted my MP and GP and sent in a letter complaining about it and more paperwork to support the review to Support group and he was placed in support group so they did not get away with it. I draw from this that it is no use ringing the DWP as they misconstrue and use calls against you even if you are honest and polite and simply enquiring.That is my experience anyway.
I do hope things get sorted for you at tribunal but it is so wrong that you have had your rights to a proper review circumvented in this way and now have the stress of going to tribunal. So unfair..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredhoundy

More
8 years 1 month ago #155851 by tiredhoundy
Replied by tiredhoundy on topic Mandatory Reconsideration stitch up by DWP?
Thank you. I'm sorry the same thing happened to your husband.
I'm relieved to hear that he has now been placed in the support group.
I really don't know how these people sleep at night? :(

More
8 years 1 month ago #156120 by hartlepool1945
Replied by hartlepool1945 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration stitch up by DWP?
When I requested MR by phone nothing seemed to happen, certainly MR did not seem to start.

I then drafted request for MR and sent 'Signed For' - this letter included clarification/expansion of a number of critical points and a complaint regarding the Health Professional.

The MR was carried out giving more weight to the ESA50 form as against the Medical Assessment especially in certain areas such as mobility - Support Group was then awarded. They did try to phone for more information/clarification in the interim, but we weren't available to answer, and they simply made the correct re-assessment.

So not all bad, occasionally.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.