× Members

Capital letters

• bro58
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #134308 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Capital letters

ken wrote:

Gordon wrote: moonshine

Changing your bank details will not result in an assessment, assessment decision are based on the information in your computer record and claimants are selected using a computer program.

If you want to find our when you will be assessed then you can ask the call centre operative what is documented on the system.

Gordon

Are you sure about this? Do you have any information/link to more information about this?
(the automated decision process for medical selection)

Hi k,

As someone who has spoken to ESA WCA Teams on several occasions, I can assure you that a claimants re-referral/re-assessment date is flagged up by a computer programme.

The claimant is then re-referred to Maximus who should then issue the ESA50 to the claimants and carry out The WCA with or without the need of a "medical".

Just to add, that The ESA Call Responders that you speak to when you ring The ESA Call Centre do not have the executive power to instigate an assessment/re-assessment.

It would be impossible to manually choose when every claimant should be re-assessed due to the huge number of claimants.

Reporting a change of Bank Details or indeed a change of address alone should not instigate an assessment/reassessment.

The "scans" referred to in : This Article are electronic programme scans.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ken
9 years 1 week ago #134433 by ken
Replied by ken on topic Capital letters

bro58 wrote:

ken wrote:

Gordon wrote: moonshine

Changing your bank details will not result in an assessment, assessment decision are based on the information in your computer record and claimants are selected using a computer program.

If you want to find our when you will be assessed then you can ask the call centre operative what is documented on the system.

Gordon

Are you sure about this? Do you have any information/link to more information about this?
(the automated decision process for medical selection)

Hi k,

As someone who has spoken to ESA WCA Teams on several occasions, I can assure you that a claimants re-referral/re-assessment date is flagged up by a computer programme.

The claimant is then re-referred to Maximus who should then issue the ESA50 to the claimants and carry out The WCA with or without the need of a "medical".

Just to add, that The ESA Call Responders that you speak to when you ring The ESA Call Centre do not have the executive power to instigate an assessment/re-assessment.

It would be impossible to manually choose when every claimant should be re-assessed due to the huge number of claimants.

Reporting a change of Bank Details or indeed a change of address alone should not instigate an assessment/reassessment.

The "scans" referred to in : This Article are electronic programme scans.

bro58

thanks, I thought you meant the software 'decided' rather than just basing it on a simple date criteria (ie automated decision making, although technically it could be possibly argued even a decision on date alone is an automated decision process) as automated decision processes have extra legal implication.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146578 by Moonshine
Replied by Moonshine on topic Capital letters
Hi there to all I hope everybody has a (relatively) peaceful Christmas. I read the news about ESA assessments starting again and I think I'll be due any time :( To prepare myself I downloaded the pdf form to go over the questions. At the very beginning it says to send supporting evidence of my illness that I already have and not to request or pay for new evidence from my doctor.It's been 2 years since I was last assessed and I feel things have deteriorated somewhat. They were pretty bad to begin with. Should I send my GP'S letters from other assesments 2 and 4 years ago? I'm very worried about this and would be grateful for any advice. I'm currently in the SG group and my issues are mostly to do with Mental Health. Many thanks in advance.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146614 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capital letters

moonshine wrote: Hi there to all I hope everybody has a (relatively) peaceful Christmas. I read the news about ESA assessments starting again and I think I'll be due any time :( To prepare myself I downloaded the pdf form to go over the questions. At the very beginning it says to send supporting evidence of my illness that I already have and not to request or pay for new evidence from my doctor.It's been 2 years since I was last assessed and I feel things have deteriorated somewhat. They were pretty bad to begin with. Should I send my GP'S letters from other assesments 2 and 4 years ago? I'm very worried about this and would be grateful for any advice. I'm currently in the SG group and my issues are mostly to do with Mental Health. Many thanks in advance.

First of all, ignore the suggestion not to seek further information, the DWP would claimants to think that the assessor will seek additional information if they require it, the reality is that in the vast majority of cases they do not.

I'm afraid that reports from two or four years ago are unlikely to be considered as being relevant to your current conditions, although it obviously depends on what those conditions actually are.

If you can, I would start by ringing the DWP and asking when you are likely to be re-assessed, although you think it may be soon, it is possible that it has been deferred and may not be for some time.

If the assessment is sooner rather than later, then I would speak to your GP about it and see what assistance if any he is able to provide, for example; they may be prepared to provide up to date letters of support.

If they are unable to help you and you have had treatment or seen a Consultant in the last couple of years then yo can see what is in your medical records. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146616 by Moonshine
Thank you for your reply Gordon. I'm going to take a deep breath and call to find out when the next re-assessment is. Wish me luck :unsure:

More
8 years 5 months ago #146629 by Moonshine
Hello again. I've just got off the phone with the DWP and they told me they can't see the date for my next re-assessment and that they'll be in touch by letter when the time comes??? Now I'm more confused than ever

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.