× Members

ESA epilepsy support group?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162109 by sam1982
Replied by sam1982 on topic ESA epilepsy support group?
hi,
I sent my ESA renewal form in and it arrived and was signed for on the 12/4/16 and a few days later i was able to send my other documents as well.

I complained to both DWP and Maximus on the information that they told me and passing the buck back and fore and in the end I had a apology and promise of informing staff members in future-doubt that will happen though!

Anyway what i wanted to ask was...the deadline for the ESA renewal that went back to Maximus was the 12/4/16- i assumed i would have heard by now of an appointment date for an assessment?
I understand the whole process takes so much time after the assessment but does anyone know roughly how long it takes maximus to write to you with an appointment date, once they have had that renewal form back?

I tried to phone DWP yesterday but i was stuck on the phone for ages and couldnt get through. I feel sick waiting for something to come through the door-surely i would have had an appointment by now?
anyone have any experience?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162126 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA epilepsy support group?
Cleocat

As long as you are still receiving your current award I would not worry too much about the assessment.

If you want an update then you should phone Maximus, the DWP will have no idea until they receive your file back.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

There's no timescales in which an assessment has to be carried out within and there are still areas of the country where there are delays in the assessment stage.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162149 by FoxyLady2
Replied by FoxyLady2 on topic ESA epilepsy support group?
14 weeks since my form was received by Maximus and I am still waiting to hear from them - I emailed them last week and they said that they hoped to have it done by the end of this week (but still waiting at the moment)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.