× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 7 months ago #141510 by Poppy
PIP Appeal was created by Poppy
:unsure: Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between an assessment with ATOS and Capita. Dose one get better results than the other. How does Leeds compare with the rest of the country as regards passing the assessment. ie positive results for the claimant, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141516 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Hi there, can anyone help, do you still get paid DLA if your claim is sent for face to face interview. At What point do they decide not to pay you. Is it when the claim has been fully decided so its up to them to organize interviews quickly so that they are not paying out longer.
I have had the telephone interview and waiting for a form. The problem is I am going away soon and did not tell them, I hope I receive the form soon cos I may have to ask them to extend the time to complete it. Do they extend the time if someone is going on holiday. Thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #141521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal
KG

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There should be no difference between the assessments offered by ATOS and Capita nor should there, in principle, be any difference in the success rates.

The latest PIP Statistics show the success rate for each region, but I would be cautious in applying them to your claim as there is no explanation of why there is a variance.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/images/image/s...award_rates_word.doc

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

More
8 years 7 months ago #141524 by Gordon
KG

Providing you meet all of the deadlines associated with a PIP claim then you DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after a Decision on your PIP claim is made, even if this means extending the DLA award to allow this.

You may be able to extend the time available to return the form, you would need to contact the DWP for an extension, but you should be aware that they are not required to grant an extension and failing to return your form on time will result in your DLA claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #142062 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
Hi can anyone tell me if when applying for PIP for the first time from DLA do they look at or have all the past claims on DLA including any reports that may have been sent. Or is it a completely different dept. I am wondering if i need to send in the same information that I sent last time or will they already have it. ie medical reports.supporting evidence, Illness, etc.

Also while waiting for face to face interview (if required) will my claim still be paid.My current DLA runs off in Feb 16 next year so what will happen if I am still waiting for interview or decision in Feb. The recorded message says 16 weeks for interviews, thats 4 months, continuing to be piad, is this right, thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #142071 by Gordon

Poppy wrote: Hi can anyone tell me if when applying for PIP for the first time from DLA do they look at or have all the past claims on DLA including any reports that may have been sent. Or is it a completely different dept. I am wondering if i need to send in the same information that I sent last time or will they already have it. ie medical reports.supporting evidence, Illness, etc.

Also while waiting for face to face interview (if required) will my claim still be paid.My current DLA runs off in Feb 16 next year so what will happen if I am still waiting for interview or decision in Feb. The recorded message says 16 weeks for interviews, thats 4 months, continuing to be piad, is this right, thanks

You have the option of allowing the DWP to use the evidence from your previous DLA claims for your PIP claim, but there is no guarantee that the information will actually be available and even if it is that those assessing will apply it to your claim. PIP has very different criteria from DLA and it would be easy to treat evidence supplied for DLA as not applying to PIP, also you need to show that this evidence is still applicable to you.

Even if you do use your old evidence, our recommendation is to treat the PIP claim as completely new and include any evidence you have even if you believe that it has already been submitted.

See the PIP Claim guide for more details

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Your DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after any Decision on your PIP claim is made, even if this means that your current DLA award needs to be extended, although claims are only taking a couple of months at the moment.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.