× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 years 7 months ago #142100 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic PIP Appeal
I dont know how to find my question and if it has been anwsered Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #142106 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: I dont know how to find my question and if it has been anwsered Thanks

Hi P,

Left click your Mouse/Pad on your blue forum name to the left of your post : Poppy

This will bring up a list of your previous topics including any responses.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 7 months ago #142289 by Poppy
Hi there, I received my request for claiming PIP but I had to post it back by 1st Nov. I telephoned and said I couldn't complete in time. The operator advised me that she could only request or provisionally extend until 17th Nov, it would have to be reviewed by another dept and if I didn't get a phone call telling me that I could not have a 17 day extension it would be ok for the 17th Nov.

My question is do you know how reliable or the likelihood that I will or will not get a phone call. If they call just before the 1st Nov or on the 1st and I haven't posted it back, what will happen. Or what if they can not contact me to tell me to post it back earlier. Its all alittle uncertain and confusing not knowing for definite if I have the extension. Thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #142290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal
Poppy

The PIP legislation allows an extension for claimants to return the PIP2 form so you are not asking for something unreasonable, however, it is at the discretion of the DWP as to whether they allow it or not.

DWP call backs for PIP are typically 5 days, so I would wait until this period has elapsed and then call them back for an update.

If an extension is not allowed then you must return the form by the required date or risk you claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

More
8 years 5 months ago #145439 by Poppy
Hi could anyone give me an indication as to how long on average I will wait to receive a decision on my application for pip. And if I need to go for an medical interview will they let me know straight away and how much notice will they give me to attend. The problem I have is that I am going away shortly and will not be back home until mid January. Dont know if I should tell them, thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #145456 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal

Poppy wrote: Hi could anyone give me an indication as to how long on average I will wait to receive a decision on my application for pip. And if I need to go for an medical interview will they let me know straight away and how much notice will they give me to attend. The problem I have is that I am going away shortly and will not be back home until mid January. Dont know if I should tell them, thanks

There is no required timescale, it could be weeks or it could be months.

You will receive a minimum of seven days written notice of a face to face assessment, although this will include postage time.

The assessor does not make the Decision, this is done by the DWP.

You say you are going away, if this will be in the UK then you need to inform the relevant assessment provider of the dates you will be unavailable during. If you are leaving the country then you need to inform the DWP about this as well.

If you don't tell the relevant authorities then you could easily have your claim closed for failing to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris