× Members

Error in law

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156008 by Johnny81
Error in law was created by Johnny81
Hi sorry to hijack this thread but I am new and yet to post. I would like to start a new topic but I am unable to. I can see that I should be able to as it's between 2 and 4. Please can you help Gordon?

Many thanks,

John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156050 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Error in law

Johnny81 wrote: Hi sorry to hijack this thread but I am new and yet to post. I would like to start a new topic but I am unable to. I can see that I should be able to as it's between 2 and 4. Please can you help Gordon?

Many thanks,

John.

All post are moderated so they won't appear in the forum until a Moderator approves them, the forum is open 24 hours a day but Mods are only online at certain times, so just create a new topic with your questions and we'll approve and reply to it as soon as we can.

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156094 by Johnny81
Replied by Johnny81 on topic Error in law
Thank you for replying Gordon but I am still having the same problem when trying to post a new topic. It sates that "you cannot access this page"

Anyway I see that another new member was having the same problem so I will ask my question here and maybe you can make it a new topic.

I have been on ESA for the last 12 months in the WRAG due to severe back pain and sciatica in my left leg, however recently I had to attend a Maximus assessment and was then deemed "fit for work" yet my condition hasn't improved.

I went through the mandatory reconsideration phase with no luck, so I am now in the process of starting my appeal. I haven't claimed any benefits while waiting for the mandatory reconsideration as I felt that I couldn't meet the criteria to claim JSA but I have read that I am entitled to receive ESA at the assessment rate while appealing if I send "fit notes" from my GP is this correct?

Once I have sent my appeal I would like to know where I send my "fit notes" to start claiming again and will the assessment rate be back dated to cover the mandatory reconsideration phase when I didn't receive any benefits. I don't currently have any fit notes but I will be able to get one soon when I see my GP.

Finally if my appeal is unsuccessful can I make a fresh claim for ESA?

Thank you so much.

John.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156108 by Gordon
Johnny

As far as I am aware the forum software does not distinguish between creating a new topic and a new post, in both cases you have to be logged into the site, the fact that you have made the above post means that your user is setup correctly and you can use the forum :)

If you still have problems then you should contact the Office for assistance

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Yes , you need to request an appeal from the Tribunal Service, the ESA Appeal guide has links to the form you need to use and an explanation of how to complete it. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Once the TS have acknowledged your appeal you can contact the DWP and ask for the ESA Assessment rate to be paid while you wait for your appeal, you will need to maintain an active Fit Note throughout the process and the initial one needs to be dated from the day after you were found Fit for Work. They need to be sent to the DWP that dealt with your claim, the address will be on any of the letters that you received.

You should have a look at our ESA Claim guides on the same link to make sure that you understand the criteria against which you were assessed.

If you have nor already done so, you should ask for a copy of the ESA85 assessment report.

If your appeal fails then you can only make a new claim for ESA on the basis of a new condition or a documented deterioration of your existing conditions likely to lead to an award.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156118 by Johnny81
Replied by Johnny81 on topic Error in law
Thank you for your quick reply Gordon yes I am logged in I clicked on the link but it states that I can't view this article. Anyway I will send an email to the address you provided.

I have printed the SSCS1 form for my appeal is this correct?

Regarding getting the initial fit note I am seeing my GP in a couple of days but the first time I asked for one over a year ago now I had to wait 2 weeks as a self certification was done then they provide a fit note. Can I ask them to back date a fit note to the day after I was found fit which is about 4 weeks ago now. Or can they only do one from the day you see them. I haven't been to the doctors for about 2 months now as I am not always on meds.

I have a copy of the health care professionals report already is that the ESA85?

I thought that I could make a new claim for ESA after 6 months of being found fit for work if my appeal wasn't successful so has this changed now then?

I am going to seek advice from CAB on what is required for my appeal but just to let you know I was awarded 6 points for standing and sitting however I got zero points for moving around, reaching and picking things up and moving them which I disagree with.

As I said last time I was awarded 15 points or more yet this time my condition is the same but I only got 6 points I find this odd as I had the same limitations in my medical. Is this a point I should raise in my appeal?

Many thanks again

John.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156131 by Gordon
Johnny

The Fit Note will be down to your GP but there is no legal reason why they cannot provide a back dated Fit Note, you should not need to self certify the initial period as this should be classed as a continuous period of you being unable to work.

The "six month" rule was effectively revoked at the end of March last year.

You should certainly raise the issue of your failing the criteria despite your conditions being worse, although it is worth checking that the criteria have not changed, the last update was in 2013, but remember these are secondary arguments to you showing that you meet the criteria.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.