× Members

Error in law

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156254 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Error in law

Johnny81 wrote: I forgot to ask about the work focused interviews which I had to attend while I was in the WRAG. I am no longer in the WRAG as I am appealing, so do I still have to attend these? My next one is due next month.

Thanks again,

John.

Technically you are still liable for WFIs and WRA as this applies to anyone not in the Support Group, but you will not be required to attend or to participate, I would contact your JC+ advisor just to make sure that they know what your situation is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156273 by Johnny81
Replied by Johnny81 on topic Error in law
Ok thanks Gordon.

One more thing I am attending the doctors later to get my fit note. As I mentioned earlier I need it back dating for the last 4 weeks.

I last attended the doctors on the 22/01/16 so nearly 3 months ago. I have read that they can back date a fit note based on a previous face to face appointment do you think 3 months would be to long ago or should I still be able to get it backdated? I only need the last 4 weeks though.

Many thanks again,

John.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156287 by Gordon

Johnny81 wrote: Ok thanks Gordon.

One more thing I am attending the doctors later to get my fit note. As I mentioned earlier I need it back dating for the last 4 weeks.

I last attended the doctors on the 22/01/16 so nearly 3 months ago. I have read that they can back date a fit note based on a previous face to face appointment do you think 3 months would be to long ago or should I still be able to get it backdated? I only need the last 4 weeks though.

Many thanks again,

John.

I would not expect there to be a problem but it's down to your GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156289 by Johnny81
Thanks Gordon.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156309 by Johnny81
Just to let you know Gordon I have managed to get a fit note backdated to the 12/03/16 which is the day the DWP said they can't pay me ESA from.

So as I didn't claim any JSA or any other benefit during the mandatory reconsideration phase I will now get back payments of ESA assessment rate dating back from the 12/03/16 is this correct?

Essentially there shouldn't be any gap in payments then once they receive my appeal and I sent in all my fit notes dating back to the 12/03/16?

Thank you again,

John.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156320 by Gordon

Johnny81 wrote: Just to let you know Gordon I have managed to get a fit note backdated to the 12/03/16 which is the day the DWP said they can't pay me ESA from.

So as I didn't claim any JSA or any other benefit during the mandatory reconsideration phase I will now get back payments of ESA assessment rate dating back from the 12/03/16 is this correct?

Essentially there shouldn't be any gap in payments then once they receive my appeal and I sent in all my fit notes dating back to the 12/03/16?

Thank you again,

John.

Yes, once the Tribunal Service have received and accepted your appeal they will notify the DWP you can then ask them to put you onto the ESA Assessment rate and it's then that you will need the Fit Note. I'd wait about a week from when you receive a response from the TS to contact the DWP.

You should receive back payment from when the Fit for Work Decision was made .

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.