× Members

E.s.a.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156125 by Julieg12
E.s.a. was created by Julieg12
My partner is main claimant. Being married 32 yrs. We are on after tribunal work force related, e.s.a.although when signing .the job centre people came down to us as he can not make stairs. Thankfully same at work force, they let him phone in,. I his wife have problems as well, mine is more mental health. Sever depression panic, anxiety attacks, since before xmas I have got very ill, with bowl problems sickness fear of people places. Worrying about benefits the appeal, catching up with bills carer for husband, addiction problems.drink.when can.to try and cope. My workforce provider moved to New premises,which is open plan,which goes straight into busy shop centre.2 appointment s ago my first time there, I had a massive panic attack,eventually my advisor. said to go,as all his co workers could see I was in trouble. He said it would be okay if I was not well to let him know. The long and short is I told my g.p he said he would give me a sick note, because of the state I was getting into. We have to pay 20 pounds for letter each time.
Can being partner can I get a sick note or letter so I do not to have to go there.
The next appointment I had worked myself up and was so ill, I had dioahrea,sickness...bile..and terrified..I could not go out door. I phoned starting 9.00am. No answer. 9.40 lady answered and I told her I could not get in today as I was ill, could she relay info on and ask advisor to plse.phone. I phoned another four times, until I spoke to advisor, who was short with me saying he had got my message. I apologised but told him I was worried about being sanctioned
Now I have received letter with new appointment but also says he has informed job.centre. I did not turn up for appointment it will be
Up to them to sanction me or not.

Plse any idea what I should do.. should I get sick note from doctor.
It is now. A week. I have to see g.p. for something else but will not be able to get another appointment for three weeks. Or shall I ask him to write letter about my anxiety nerves depression to give to who dwp. Jobcentre.work force. Plse. help with what I should do.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic E.s.a.
Julie

Forgive me but I'm a little confused over which benefits you are receiving.

If your partner is the main claimant and you are not receiving benefits in your own right, then you should not be required to attend the Work Programme.

I'm also concerned that you are paying for Fit Notes, this is not usual unless you are a private patient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julieg12

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156163 by Julieg12
Replied by Julieg12 on topic E.s.a.
Thank you for an answer, we are on ESA work force , and I have been told by Dwp.that as we couple (married) only one ESA. Claim. So my husband has been main claimant, has chronic hep c, other problems, so told to stay as we are. But both of us have problems (medical). As getting older now husband has arthritis in spine, hips knees neck and finds it hard to mobilised. Cannot wash,dress,self,only go out if able that day then unable to move e around properly for couple of days afterwards. We have been just getting by with help from family, as I suffer with clinical depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. Plus last 2years my thumbs have deformed, with pressure in growing thumb nails. Unfortunately being rare, it's a no go, and having trouble finding treatment. My main problem is coping with panic attacks and anxiety attacks at moment.
When we lost Esa. Last year, we had to claim job seekers to live. Whilst claiming we were put on work force. Have been doing what required but since work force moved I can not get to the new place, without panic attacks.
Told my gp.he said he would give me sick note. If I need doctors letter I have to pay 20 pounds each time. I have just paid for latest letter from doctor.for husbands new 're assessment of work capability. 29.03.16
I have appointment with doctor Wednesday morn, for renewal of my prescriptions. So as it is a mine field to get doctor appointment,I could
Ask him tomorrow for a sick note or letter. Not private patient, our doctors say the letters are prepared in private time so we have to pay.
We get ESA., hoping to go up to support with the help from your Site filling form in. I am husband carer, but he is on lowest DLA. For washing ect,
So cannot claim as carer.
I get very confused and find it hard to explain things, so thanks for being
Patient.
I can not find out about partners of ESA.
Yours Julie for any insight.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156164 by Gordon
Julie

If you husband is the main claimant then you are not required to participate in Work Related Activity, this include the Work Programme, only your husband is legally required to attend. It's likely that they think that you are still on JSA.

You need to contact your advisor and explain that you are now a secondary claimant on your husbands ESA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julieg12

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156222 by Julieg12
Replied by Julieg12 on topic E.s.a.
Will contact job centre to find out who my advisor is. To ask for clarification what is required of me. I do get confused, and I am back bone of us. Not knowing what to do, who to contact, Thanks so much even though it might not go my way, at least I feel more confident.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #156258 by Gordon

Julieg12 wrote: Will contact job centre to find out who my advisor is. To ask for clarification what is required of me. I do get confused, and I am back bone of us. Not knowing what to do, who to contact, Thanks so much even though it might not go my way, at least I feel more confident.

I would say that you, personally, are no longer receiving a benefit and therefore you are no longer required to attend.

Just so you know, you can be asked to attend a WFI at your local JC+ (not the Work Programme) as secondary claimant on your husbands ESA claim, but you cannot be asked to perform WRA or to look for work.

Gordon

Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.