× Members

SEA water awarded 0 points

More
8 years 3 days ago #157197 by dexyblue
SEA water awarded 0 points was created by dexyblue
Hi all this is my first post. I have not worked due to an accident at work since 1991, I was recently called for face to face was. I was awarded 0 points, my disabilities are spinal injury resulting in irreversible damage to my sciatic nerve, I am in constant pain and the pain radiates from lower back to my toes. I have no ankle jerk , muscle wastage in my calf, and hammer toes. I have arthritis in both knees but was told about 10 yr ago I was too young for knee replacement. I have diabetes and got neuropathy in both feet. I also loose the use of my bowel regularly due to my diabetes. How on earth have I scored 0 points? Oh forgot to say I have hearing problems to. What is my next step, I am 62 in August and I know I could not sustain a job. Stressed out to the max at the minute

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #157231 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic SEA water awarded 0 points
Hello Sue

Have you requested a copy of your assessment report? If you contact the DWP and explain that you are considering Mandatory Reconsideration and need to see the report there should be no problem.

When you get the copy, then look through it and see where you consider you should have been awarded points, using the guides on the website; make a list of these discrepancies and send it, along with the request for mandatory recon, and any other medical evidence you might not have already presented. You only have a month to decide to ask for reconsideration so don't hang about!

Bookmark the page here so if you have other questions you can get back to us quickly. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dexyblue

More
7 years 11 months ago #157708 by dexyblue
Replied by dexyblue on topic SEA water awarded 0 points
Thanks for your reply. I am in the process of writing a letter regarding the discrepencies

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157753 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic SEA water awarded 0 points
Hi Sue,

You have 1 month from the date on the decision letter in which to submit your Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) request, even if the assessor's report has not arrived by then.

In order to be awarded ESA you must show how and why you meet the, very specific, descriptors. Don't spend so long arguing against the 'discrepancies' and forget to do this! (Getting the assessment overturned would, on it's own, simply result in another one being carried out).

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

I suggest you have a good look at our ESA guide to see where you should have scored points and how you can best explain this in terms that the DWP understand.

ESA claims and appeals

The guide also talks you through the MR process, and appeal if it goes that far (the decision is seldom overturned at MR I'm afraid).

I'm afraid you will not be paid ESA while the MR is carried out :( If you need money during this time you will have to sign on for JSA. If that is the case please reply to this message and we will tell you what you need to do.

You might wish to favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. Then you can return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159942 by dexyblue
Replied by dexyblue on topic SEA water awarded 0 points
I have recieved a reply about Mandatory Reconsideration and although they recognise I am in constant severe pain etc they do not recognise pain on the assesment. They have totally disregarded the GP letter as well. Since my face to face interview my GP has put me on morphine tablets and liquid morphine as a top up. They refused to reconsider and upheld their decision. I am getting so stressed out with this. What next?

More
7 years 10 months ago #159986 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SEA water awarded 0 points

Sue wrote: I have recieved a reply about Mandatory Reconsideration and although they recognise I am in constant severe pain etc they do not recognise pain on the assesment. They have totally disregarded the GP letter as well. Since my face to face interview my GP has put me on morphine tablets and liquid morphine as a top up. They refused to reconsider and upheld their decision. I am getting so stressed out with this. What next?

The next option is for you to appeal, the ESA Appeal guide has a link to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and instructions on how to do so, it also explains the appeal process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.