× Members

esa appeal

More
8 years 3 months ago #160995 by lily
Replied by lily on topic esa appeal
Hi Gordon yes this was a new letter, it just came today, I was still to go to appeal last time we spoke, I assumed wrong I was put on esa support group, they said I shouldn't have got that letter! and that it was just to confirm I was to go to appeal as first advised( to say its been one nightmare after another is an understatement) anyway just off the phone to them, yes I have been placed in support group and don't have to turn up to appeal as they have overturned as it were, the original decision of the 10 th of January 2016, looks like it was all down to my rheumatologists letter to them, dated just last month that did the trick , couldn't they have just contacted her then instead of all this jumping through hoops nonsense that I and im sure thousands of sick and infirm people do everyday?, anyway just wanted you and all the good people on here to know that I couldn't have done this without all the great advice and reading material, you are all truly angels, god bless you all, and thankyou, , I tell fellow disheartened and struggling friends about the good work you all do on this site, the information is invaluable , thankyou from the bottom of my heart, keep up the good work, and once again god bless you all.xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #161031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa appeal
Lily

I'm really glad to hear that it is all sorted out now, frustrating as you say that they could have contacted your Rheumatologist originally but at least their letter worked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lily

More
8 years 3 months ago #161032 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa appeal
That's great news Lily! I'm so glad that this finally went in your favour, well done for seeing this through. Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #161040 by lily
Thank you to all of you, especially in my more darker days, when all the advice, and points of view , and letters of others that I read when they carried on with their fight, just made me more determined not to give up, im so glad I didn't, and I hope that my wee story of victory encourages some one else to carry on with their appeals etc as I have done, I wish everyone well, and hope that someday this fight for disability benefits is made easier, as everyday is a struggle being ill without being made worse worrying how you are going to pay bills etc. Thank you again , you are all stars and do a wonderful job , I could not have done it alone, would not have known where to start, god bless you all . xxxxx :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
8 years 3 months ago #161075 by lily
Sorry guys just one last question,I know everyone says if you don't claim benefits you can lose out, so do I claim disability / severe disability premiums with being awarded being put into support group yesterday, or are they automatically added on, I live alone and no one gets any carers allowance for me, and will they be backdated to the start of January as is the case with my esa support group award, I get high rate daily living pip, and lower rate mobility pip . Thanks in advance everyone for any advice.

More
8 years 3 months ago #161104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa appeal

lily wrote: Sorry guys just one last question,I know everyone says if you don't claim benefits you can lose out, so do I claim disability / severe disability premiums with being awarded being put into support group yesterday, or are they automatically added on, I live alone and no one gets any carers allowance for me, and will they be backdated to the start of January as is the case with my esa support group award, I get high rate daily living pip, and lower rate mobility pip . Thanks in advance everyone for any advice.

I assume that you are receiving Income Related ESA.

The Enhanced Disability Premium should be added automatically, for the Severe Disability Premium you will need to ask for an IS10 form which asks about your living arrangements.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.