× Members

DLA to PIP transfer huge success

More
7 years 11 months ago #157997 by earthmum
DLA to PIP transfer huge success was created by earthmum
Having been in receipt of lowest level DLA both components for M.E. on an indefinite basis for a number of years, I was dreading having to go through the whole DWP circus - yet again!- having had bad experiences in the past.
I needn't have been so worried it turns out. Using the guides for completing the PIP form, and attending assessment really helped a lot, and I couldn't have done it properly without the guide, so thank you from the bottom of my heart to Holiday and Steve.
After attending assessment in Gainsborough, I have waited a few weeks and finally got my letter today, with news that bowled me over.
I have been awarded PIP Enhanced Rate Daily Living Component, AND PIP Enhanced Rate Mobility from 1st June. This is going to make such a difference to my life and I cannot thank you enough. Instead of living from week to week, I will now not have to worry so much when unforeseen circumstances arise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wonko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158008 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic DLA to PIP transfer huge success
Hello Jane

So very pleased that you have got the award you obviously deserved. It's good to know that the Guides are so useful - it must give other members much more confidence in completing the application forms etc.

I hope you find life much more enjoyable now. Good luck for the future :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158011 by Bob
Replied by Bob on topic DLA to PIP transfer huge success
Well done JB nice to hear a bit of good news, as a matter of interest approx how long is your award for

More
7 years 11 months ago #158015 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic DLA to PIP transfer huge success
Great news.
How long is the Award for ?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158016 by Philtfa
Replied by Philtfa on topic DLA to PIP transfer huge success
Congratulations.

It is certainly good to hear your good news. It gives those of us going through the process at the moment hope that we too will succeed.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158194 by earthmum
Replied by earthmum on topic DLA to PIP transfer huge success
Hi Bob, My award is for 10 years, which will take me up to 78 years old!! Like some other claimants, I missed being left alone by one day, having my birthday one day after the cut off date, but it was rather serendipitous and beneficial in the end.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.