× Members

PIP appeal won thank you

More
7 years 11 months ago #159573 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal won thank you
scottysnan

Assessment decision are made by Maximus, it would be extraordinarily unusual for the DWP to involve themselves in the process for a particular claimant, your MP is likely to have more effect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159594 by scottysnan
Replied by scottysnan on topic PIP appeal won thank you
Reply to Gordon
My MP has not responded, I have emailed again it has been three weeks since I first wrote to him.
Maximus have said they have no Doctors in my area and when they do get one in my area their home visits are taken up with priority cases and I am not a priority. Maximus told me DWP tell them who is priority, which DWP said the only priority cases are the terminally ill and they do not prioritise other cases.
The question I would like to ask is do all ESA claims need a medical assessment.
Thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago #159621 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal won thank you

scottysnan wrote: Reply to Gordon
My MP has not responded, I have emailed again it has been three weeks since I first wrote to him.
Maximus have said they have no Doctors in my area and when they do get one in my area their home visits are taken up with priority cases and I am not a priority. Maximus told me DWP tell them who is priority, which DWP said the only priority cases are the terminally ill and they do not prioritise other cases.
The question I would like to ask is do all ESA claims need a medical assessment.
Thanks

All ESA claims require an assessment but this does not have to be a face to face if Maximus believe that they have sufficient information to make a recommendation without one, unfortunately, the decision as to whether they have that information is there's alone to make.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottysnan

More
7 years 11 months ago #159671 by scottysnan
Replied by scottysnan on topic PIP appeal won thank you
Had a phone call today, just a courtesy call to say my details have been passed to the medical assessment team within DWP who will liaise with Maximus.
Is this just a fob off or does this team exist.
Thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #161468 by Ediemay52
Replied by Ediemay52 on topic PIP appeal won thank you
Congratulations, wish you well

More
7 years 9 months ago #162023 by debslosjoe
Replied by debslosjoe on topic PIP appeal won thank you
Hello, really pleased you were successful in winning your appeal. I have been awarded the standard rate for both but I'm worried about how hard it will be to ask them to reconsider and whether I may risk losing the award. Was it very hard to do? Any advice is appreciated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.