× Members

PIP Back Payment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161873 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Back Payment
:S Not just me then! Seems clear that the whole department is a disaster and worse to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162279 by Johnny
Having waited 8 weeks since Appeal, I finally had a call from PIP dept informing me payments will be made next week.

There is another related issue I thought you guys might help with.

While waiting confirmation of my PIP payments, I took it upon myself to fill in an IS10 Severe Disability Form, a component which I am entitled to. I sent it 3 weeks ago to ESA dept who acknowledged having received it. However, they obviously had to hold back in processing it until my PIP was up and running. My question is:

Does PIP dept inform ESA dept that I am now receiving PIP or will ESA dept pick up on it and refer to the Form I sent?

More
7 years 10 months ago #162296 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Back Payment
It's always better to notify DWP departments yourself, rather than relying on them to be efficient! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162297 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Back Payment

Johnny wrote: Having waited 8 weeks since Appeal, I finally had a call from PIP dept informing me payments will be made next week.

There is another related issue I thought you guys might help with.

While waiting confirmation of my PIP payments, I took it upon myself to fill in an IS10 Severe Disability Form, a component which I am entitled to. I sent it 3 weeks ago to ESA dept who acknowledged having received it. However, they obviously had to hold back in processing it until my PIP was up and running. My question is:

Does PIP dept inform ESA dept that I am now receiving PIP or will ESA dept pick up on it and refer to the Form I sent?

They should, but I would not rely on it happening and would give ESA a ring once the PIP is in payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162305 by Johnny
I've just called both PIP and ESA Depts.

PIP dept have said they will place a request on the system that confirmation of my PIP be sent to ESA dept.

ESA dept in turn said that they will look out for it.

I assume that's good enough.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162309 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Back Payment

Johnny wrote: I've just called both PIP and ESA Depts.

PIP dept have said they will place a request on the system that confirmation of my PIP be sent to ESA dept.

ESA dept in turn said that they will look out for it.

I assume that's good enough.

Never assume with the DWP!!!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris