× Members

PIP Back Payment

More
7 years 11 months ago #159627 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Back Payment
My frustration is growing.

3 days since I requested a call back as to why my PIP appeal decision notice of 9th May is not on DWP system, and no call as yet. I'm frustrated because it seems even if the decision notice was to finally be entered into the system now, I would then have to wait the usual 4 weeks DWP are allowed before its even processed, which could in total stretch to 8 weeks after decision notice was sent via email to DWP.

I was curious to know if I should send a copy of decision notice myself and to what Birmingham address?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159644 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Back Payment

Johnny wrote: My frustration is growing.

3 days since I requested a call back as to why my PIP appeal decision notice of 9th May is not on DWP system, and no call as yet. I'm frustrated because it seems even if the decision notice was to finally be entered into the system now, I would then have to wait the usual 4 weeks DWP are allowed before its even processed, which could in total stretch to 8 weeks after decision notice was sent via email to DWP.

I was curious to know if I should send a copy of decision notice myself and to what Birmingham address?

You can certainly send a copy of the Decision Letter yourself but I'm afraid you will need to contact the DWP for the department and the address, alternatively if they can give you an email address or fax number, you can send it directly, or failing this make an appointment at your local JC+ office and they can send it for you and should be able to confirm receipt.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #159660 by Johnny
Thanks Gordon,

I called DWP and was given a Wolverhampton address and posted a copy of my PIP Decision Notice half hour ago.

I attached a short cover letter in which I highlighted the date when Decision Notice was originally sent to DWP and that they take into account the 2 weeks they have wasted.

Yes, I know, a lot of good that will do! But at least I can vent some frustration their way.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159670 by Johnny
Gordon,

Just an additional thought on my topic.

I believe the DWP has a month to respond to an Appeal decision, which means that despite 2 weeks having passed in which time the DWP have not yet placed my Decision Notice on the system, the response period of 1 month begins at the time of Appeal Decision and not when the Notice Decision was placed on the DWP system.

My point being, that if it were confirmed that Appeals Court had in fact sent it on day of Appeal, DWP would not have the regular I month in which to challenge it, but only from the time it was eventually on the system.

Am I correct?

More
7 years 10 months ago #159674 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Back Payment

Johnny wrote: Gordon,

Just an additional thought on my topic.

I believe the DWP has a month to respond to an Appeal decision, which means that despite 2 weeks having passed in which time the DWP have not yet placed my Decision Notice on the system, the response period of 1 month begins at the time of Appeal Decision and not when the Notice Decision was placed on the DWP system.

My point being, that if it were confirmed that Appeals Court had in fact sent it on day of Appeal, DWP would not have the regular I month in which to challenge it, but only from the time it was eventually on the system.

Am I correct?

You are, but like you they can apply for an extension if they are unable to process the Decision in time, a Judge may decide that the request is unreasonable and the fault is theirs, or they may allow it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #159897 by Johnny
Following up on my recent posts, the 5 working day deadline for my requested call back from DWP is up tomorrow..

If, having promised me they'd call back within 5 working days, they fail to do so, how do I escalate it?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.