× Members

PIP Back Payment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161189 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Back Payment
Following on from my last post...it's now 6 weeks in total since mu successful PIP Appeal Decision and still no payment.

I had to call again today and was told they'd chase it up. It's a disgrace!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161220 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Back Payment

Johnny wrote: Following on from my last post...it's now 6 weeks in total since mu successful PIP Appeal Decision and still no payment.

I had to call again today and was told they'd chase it up. It's a disgrace!!

We usually expect it to take up to 8 weeks to get payment!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161844 by Johnny
My frustration is growing and I don't know what to do anymore!

9th of May my Appeal Notice was sent to DWP. That's 7 weeks. Called DWP 3 weeks after 9th of May and was told no such Notice was on system. Called again 3 days later, about 3rd of June and was informed that they had received Appeal Notice on System 1st June and a copy of Appeal which I had also sent myself.

I then let it go for a week or so and was sent a letter asking about bank details etc. Fine, I thought, perhaps things are finally moving. But know! 3 weeks on I decided to call again and was promised a call back within 5 days. It never happened. Called today and guess what!!!

Was informed, firstly, that, My appeal notice was from 1st June and not 9th May!! I had a blazing row with them because I know it was sent on 9th May. Secondly, after all my calls I was suddenly informed that their is a backlog and Appeal notices from April are still been dealt with!! And it could be 10 weeks in all before any payment is processed.

So, either the DWP is in meltdown or they are out to persecute me!

Can anyone please confirm what the hell is going on here?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Back Payment
Johnny

I'm afraid the DWP regularly exceed people's expectations of their incompetence, unfortunately, there is little that you can if there is a backlog of Decision notices that need to be dealt with, you can try your MP but that's about it.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161870 by Johnny
Thanks Gordon!

I am usually fairly patient if people are straight with me, but I keep getting mixed responses and it's bloody confusing to be told one thing and call again later and told something else. For example, I mentioned in my last reply here that I'd called DWP and was informed about the back log. I called a few hours later and the DWP call desk said they were not aware of any such backlog relating to April.

:angry:

More
7 years 10 months ago #161872 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Back Payment
The DWP call centre staff are generally poorly trained. I have found they tend to say what they think might happen rather than admitting that they don't know something!

I spent an hour on the phone on Friday afternoon, trying to get sense out of these people :angry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.