× Members

Tribunal addition evidence

More
7 years 10 months ago #161227 by Georgia Thorp
Tribunal addition evidence was created by Georgia Thorp
Hi my girlfriend has just received her tribunal date as she was turned down for PIP. She has had ME/CFS for the past 11yrs and for the past 5 years she has been able to claim DLA. . We have decided to go to the hearing but we don't have any additional evidence. I have just downloaded a report titled 'A deeply dehumanising experience, on ME/CFS journeys through the PIP claim process in Scotland' . Is it worth me sending them a copy of this underlining the sections where we think the PIP process is particularly unfair for people with ME or will it just be ignored and a waste of time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161232 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Tribunal addition evidence
Hi Georgie,

I think doing what you suggest will be a complete waste of time. The Tribunal Service have to work within the system as it is.

In your place I would be concentrating my time and energy on showing how and why the PIP descriptors are met as this is the only way a PIP award will be given.

Your partner herself will be the biggest 'evidence' of all and the panel will want to ask her questions about her care/mobility needs.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your partner's PIP claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it helpful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgia Thorp

More
7 years 10 months ago #161236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal addition evidence
Georgie

If you have not already done so, then I would include a short piece (one side A4) on Post-Exertional Malaise, it is poorly understood and is a differentiator from Chronic Fatigue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgia Thorp, slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #161267 by Georgia Thorp
Replied by Georgia Thorp on topic Tribunal addition evidence
Thanks for this suggestion.
Is it okay to print out a piece about post exectional malaise from the ME association web site and send it, as it is, or should I underline the things that are specific to my girlfriend.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal addition evidence

georgie wrote: Thanks for this suggestion.
Is it okay to print out a piece about post exectional malaise from the ME association web site and send it, as it is, or should I underline the things that are specific to my girlfriend.

Yes you can print out a description of PEM and it is certainly worth your highlighting how your partner is affected.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgia Thorp

More
7 years 9 months ago #164303 by Georgia Thorp
Replied by Georgia Thorp on topic Tribunal a success but no money yet
A few weeks ago we went to the tribunal and my girlfriend was awarded standard rate for both daily living and mobility, This was from 0 points to 18 points. However two weeks ago I rang DWP/PIp to find out when she would be paid but there was no record of the decision notice so they said they I could not do anything about it until they recieved this. They also told me it was up to me to contact the tribunal about this. When I spoke to the tribunal they said they had sent it the same day as the appeal and it was not for me to call them but for the DWP to do this. I found it very fustrated so have decided to only communicate them in writing and last week I sent a recorded delivery letter and copy of the decision notice which they received on Friday 22nd July. Do you know how long I should wait before I contact them again? I am trying to avoid phoning as it is very hard for my girlfriend to speak on the phone and so I have to call, explain the situation and then she has to go throught the security checks before they give me the information.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.