× Members

PIP declined

More
7 years 9 months ago #163888 by Angela
Replied by Angela on topic PIP declined
Well the latest update after phone calls every few days , on Monday we were advised by DWP that for some reason the matter had not been dealt with and the lady was requesting a 24hr call back but this could take a few days.

Earlier we had the call only to end up at where we were 3 weeks ago however for the first time this lady asked if we were requesting a reconsideration ?? I said well isn't it obvious that's what we have been asking for since 22nd June , she said no it wasn't and repeated again are you asking for a reconsideration so I answered YES.

Therefore this reconsideration request is now being processed but I have no idea of how long or what this means.

However If a mandatory reconsideration is now in process how long does this take and what is the likely outcome , im hoping that my husband will be allowed a first clinical assessment but in the mean time the DLA payments for the Mobility car stopped on Tuesday and the car goes back first week August , DWP did advise me to speak to Mobility and inform them that a mandatory reconsideration was now in place ????

The frustrating part is that almost 4 weeks have passed and now we are being told to lodge mandatory reconsideration , Im quite intelligent and articulate and feel like ive hit a brick wall time and time again I really do feel sorry for people who may not be able to understand how this process works as I for one am at a complete loss as to their process .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163892 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP declined
Angela

The outcome will depend on any actions you have taken since your husbands claim was closed.

The default position of the DWP will be that a letter that is sent will have been delivered, so you need to show that it was either not sent, it was addressed incorrectly or that their were postal problems in your area that could have reasonable prevented delivery.

So the onus is on you to prove your case not for the DWP to prove theirs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163899 by Angela
Replied by Angela on topic PIP declined
Gordon

We have not taken any actions other than speaking to DWP on a daily weekly basis for an update which is what they have been alluding to until todays request for a mandatory reconsideration , why they didn't inform us of this on the 22nd , 24th , 27th june then on 4th July , 7th , 11th ,15th and 18th is a mystery.

Letter now going to local MP and AM as this process stretches ones human rights to equality and fairness, my argument is not about the monetary side but for common sense and humanity not that I expect anything but in a democratic society it is our right .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.